Sunday, May 16, 2010

5dp3dt: Happenings

  • First, happy birthday to my sweet DH! He turned 27 today and it was fun to celebrate with him.
  • We had a very full weekend with family. We spent Saturday with my family and today with DH's, so it's nice to finally be home. Although we are about to head out for a late-on-a-work-night viewing of Robin Hood with friends....
  • I am mostly continuing to feel really positive and hopeful about this cycle. "Symptoms" are the same as IVF #1, namely PIO sore br.easts and some mild cramps/ twinges in the abdomen. I will add that the PIO br.east tenderness did not start on the day of ER like it did last time. This cycle, I actually had really sore br.easts once I triggered, but they disappeared after the ER and did not return until 3dp3dt. Different might be good? (See the flip side of this mind game below)
  • Only new "symptom" is that I was really sleepy in the mid-afternoon yesterday and today (4dp & 5dp3dt) and fell asleep as DH and I drove all over the place. However, we also did a ton of driving and I could have just been lulled to sleep by the car ride...
  • I went back and read my tww "symptom" posts from IVF #1, and have to admit that made me a little sad. I feel pretty much the same as I did then. Which also means I feel almost completely normal. And...well....we know how last time ended.
  • But - and this is a big but - I know it's still early. And I can't help but hold out hope that God is growing our precious embryos!! So I am attempting to not play the symptom game. Bottom line is I just want to feel different this tww....but different could still mean a BFN. So the real bottom line is that I am just praying for a BFP! :)
  • I hope you all had a nice weekend and I look forward to catching up on your posts.

12 comments:

J said...

Happy Birthday DH!! It has been exactly a year that I have been reading your blog because I started reading last year on his birthday! :)

I hope he gets the best gift of all this year!

Ashley said...

I had a 3 day transfer this time (last time I had a 5 day transfer and it ended with a negative) but I didn't start feeling any different until about 7 days past my transfer. I have my fingers crossed for you and I hope it's still too early for you to tell! :)

Leah said...

Happy birthday to your DH! :)

It's so hard not to play the symptom game. I've played it A LOT! just know that so many women don't experience any symptoms until they've been pregnant for a while. So a lot of symptoms, or no symptoms at all, aren't necessarily a bad thing at all. :)

suchagoodegg said...

I am the queen of nooooo symptoms whatsoever myself and try my hardest not to read too much into that. Thinking of you and hoping and praying this is IT!!! xo

jeanna said...

I too still look for symptoms every month. I hope and pray for you and all our IF girls every morning.

A said...

I am hoping that even though you feel pretty normal (as do I), that God is working a baby miracle bigtime behind the scenes!

Melis.sa said...

Happy Birthday to your DH! I'm going to see that movie tonight :)

Praying that the sleepiness increases.. :)

Eileen said...

Praying for you! I didn't really have very many symptoms early on, even with twins. Good luck!

The Wife said...

Happy birthday to your DH! I wanted to see that movie this weekend but we just got busy with organizing. Lack of symptoms isn't necessarily a bad thing. The only two I had were a constant hunger and AF-like cramps that last longer than normal. The boobs felt completely normal.

Selma said...

Hi I've been following your blog for a short time and just wanted to wish you good luck with your IVF. Hopefully my success story can give you some hope...please don't look into symptoms too much. I was 100% sure my IVF didn't work because I had no unusual or early pregnancy symptoms. In fact I was sure it felt like every other failed fertility treatment cycle. I refused to POAS at all until after I received my +Beta. In retrospect I wished I had more hope. I'm sending a lot of prayers your way and can't wait to hear about your +++ test soon!

Grace said...

Happy birthday to your dh ...thinking of you, hoping and praying for you!

Love!

addingtothepack said...

Happy Birthday to DH!

I felt less-pregnant than the "usual" 2WW when I actually was pregnant. I know it is hard to hold on to hope -- but I am holding on to hope for you and this cycle. Everything has gone so well for you, I just want to believe the stars are aligning.