Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So thankful for good news!

My regular doctor called today with good news: I do not have Hepatitis C!! She said I was exposed to it but am one of the "rare people" who cleared the disease, but that there is nothing to follow up on or worry about. She even sounded surprised (but happy) on the phone.

I am thankful for:
  • A strong immune system
  • Medical technology to test things like this
  • The doctor called with the results much earlier than expected (I thought it would be late next week before she called)
  • I won't potentially infect my baby with this if I am blessed with a pregnancy (a very small chance even if I had the disease, but it is wonderful to not even have to take that small chance)
  • A little good news goes a long way
The only way my life is effected is that I think I am excluded from donating blood. :)

26 comments:

The Swann's said...

Oh Thank God!!!!! That's such awesome news!!! The start of one of many reasons to wake up and have that spring back in your step... Still praying for you hun!

Al said...

Great news!!

Amber said...

I'm so glad to hear good news! And you don't have to feel guilty for not signing up for blood drives now!!! :)

Rebekah said...

Good news, indeed!

Bethany said...

Awesome news!

Just Believing said...

Praises for wonderful news!!!!

Leah said...

Yay for good news! You deserved to hear something positive. :)

Ashley said...

That is great news!!

Ally said...

Oh thank goodness!!! Yay for you :)

A said...

Excellent!!!

Elle said...

That is so good to hear! I'm so glad! What a sigh of relief.

Hannah said...

Glad to hear that! You're right, good news goes a very long way right now.
HUGS!

Kakunaa said...

Great news :)

Life Happens said...

Yay for strong bodies! I'm glad to hear it's all good!

Rach said...

Wonderful!

Nichole said...

Fantastic news! So glad to hear it!

Kelli said...

Wa-hoo! Great news!

Kacy said...

Phewww!! I am so glad you got some good news and know that you are 100% healthy!!

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Melissa G said...

Great news, UGH. That must have been such a huge relief.

Aussie Girl said...

That is great news! And you're right, a little good news does go a long way...even to Australia! I love good news! :)

addingtothepack said...

Fabulous good news. I am glad you have one less thing to worry about now!

stillwaitingformysunshine said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sara said...

WAHOO!! Thanks for sharing your great news! Praise God for everything you are thankful for!!

momo said...

your spirit amazes me...hang in there!!

Melody said...

Oh, this is great news.

AplusB said...

Such a great news! And one less thing to worry about! So glad you got the results so soon, too. Such a relief!