- After two nights of stims, I had no follicles at or above 10mm (one at 7mm). Since it's still really early, this is perfectly fine according to my RE. From what I have read on the message boards, many people don't have much growth after 4 nights of stims, so I feel "normal."
- This "normal" feeling contrasts with IVF #1, where after 2 nights of stims I already had two follicles at 10mm and 11mm. I'm no RE, but this seemed really fast to me and these two follicles became the lead follicles that were way ahead of the rest.... and really stressed me out. So maybe I'll feel stressed later over lack of growth, but for today I am actually really happy that no follicles are taking over and jumping ahead of the rest.
- I started at 225ius of Follistim, which is the same as IVF #1. But unlike last time, he is lowering my dose earlier and I've already dropped to 175ius. Again, I'm no RE, but this sounded good to me...like I'll be slow cooking some similar sized follicles rather than growing a couple super fast.
- The RE and the nurse both apologized for the misunderstanding about my initial dose of Follistim at my last appointment. I also found out they were very understaffed for a couple days this week, and my usual nurse is visiting family in the UK for 3 weeks. This helped me to see it was probably just a bad and busy day for them, and extend some grace about that difficult appointment.
- It was a beautiful day, and as I drove alongside the ocean the sun glimmered across the top of the water. They played a whole bunch of my favorite songs on the radio, and while I was driving home DH called me to say what a great day he was having at work. I felt like God gifted me with a good appointment and happy day, even down to the songs on the radio. :)
Friday, April 30, 2010
Monitoring Appointment #1
Sorry I'm late sharing the results from my first monitoring appointment - it was a very full day! But the first appointment isn't too exciting, anyway, so I didn't think anybody was waiting anxiously. :)