Friday, March 5, 2010

What's an IVF cycle...

Without an obligatory meds photo?

So here they are in all their glory. It's really not as impressive as many of you have, but I'm pretty proud of it. Haha! One funny thing is that the only drug my nurse talked about was Follistim, so I honestly thought that was the only med I would be using plus the progesterone I already have. Needless to say I was shocked when I spoke with the pharmacy to go over my order and she went on and on about all these medications.

Thanks for all of your encouragements on my last post. I am feeling better today, and while I can't say I'm looking forward to my monitoring appointment tomorrow, I do think I will be a little more prepared for it. As much as I have read about IVF in books and all over the internet, there are the details like, "How many follicles would be good to have after 2 days of stims," that I just had no clue about. And how different it is when it's YOUR cycle. Thanks for the prayers!

15 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Your picture makes me smile :)

Courtney said...

So exciting!!! Praying for a successful cycle for you@

AplusB said...

Glad you're feeling better. Really hope your next monitoring appt. shows good follie growth! I am still so very hopeful for you. You are young, so even if you have fewer eggs, they are likely great quality. So don't despair! This can still be your cycle!

Andrea said...

Love and prayers sweet friend, as you are on your way to success :)

Just BELIEVE and all will by yours.

gringa78 said...

Go, Hilary, go!! This is so exciting!! Best, best, best of luck as you move through this cycle. Thinking of you!!!

Amber said...

Crazy that a set of medications could be the answer to all of your prayers! I'm praying like crazy for you this month!

Pregnant Yuppy said...

Best of luck to you. I had to take a photo of my meds too!

And - I nearly forgot (okay I did forget but just for a little bit) I nominated you for an award on my blog.

http://thepregnantyuppy.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-101.html

kdactyl said...

Love the drug delivery! I am wearing those estrogen patches as I type this!!! I recognized those boxes right away...but wow...you are taking a LOT! I never took anything but the follistim during stims...but every Dr. has his/her own protocol based on the patient. I start the nasty PIO shots tomorrow. Woohoo! I am thinking about you and praying for your monitoring appt tomorrow.

kd

waiting for baby said...

You are so adorable! Even your meds look pretty. Like maybe they are bath salts or something!

Lots of baby dust your way! :)

Kelli said...

Bring on the meds! So excited for you this cycle! xoxo

Sarah said...

This picture is beautiful :) GOOD LUCK!!! :) :) Hope this your month!

One Who Understands said...

I think that is still a lot of meds. To think all of those have to go into your body. Crazy. I hope your next monitoring appointment yields better results.

Hannah said...

praying with you!

the good eggs said...

I see Ganirelix...I hate that drug. But it does work miracles!

Anonymous said...

you just reminded me i need to take a picture of all of mine :)

i also wanted you to know i nominated you for an award on my blog - check it out!

21reena