I have a so many thoughts - I don't know how accurate they are and they might be all over the place, but thanks for letting me just get them out there.
1. After 6 nights of stims it looks like I will have 2 follicles (size 20 & 19mm). I have 4 smaller ones I think (at 12 & 13mm), but the RE thinks we're looking at retrieving 2.
2. This is ok because we are doing mini-IVF. My impression is that my RE is not thrilled with my response and originally said we were aiming for 3-5 eggs, but he said we weren't trying to get a lot of eggs so he is ok with 2. He thinks the first few the body produces tend to be the best quality anyway.
3. Since we are only fertilizing as many eggs as we would potentially transfer (no freezing), we were going to decide whether to fertilize 2 or 3 in hopes of having 1-2 embryos to transfer. Well, it looks like God is making that decision easy for us and for that I am thankful. It's funny to only want to potentially fertilize 2 and be sad to get 2, I know. But I guess it seems different to make that choice because my body did great and we have a few eggs to choose from, then to realize this is all we have... if that makes sense.
4. I am still freaking out about my body's response and feeling like it was sub-par. I hate that my FSH is 10.9, had dominant follicles, and didn't respond great.
5. I am trying not to freak out about my body's response because we are doing mini-IVF and I can't compare everything to other women's cycles. So maybe my response isn't that bad. I haven't asked my RE a ton of questions because I just want to let this cycle play out without freaking out about everything (at least in front of him, haha), but this will definitely be interesting to hear his thoughts on afterward. But I have to remember that I may have a different protocol and med dose because we were doing a mini-IVF....so maybe this is ok within that.
6. I am thankful we have made it this far and that it looks like we will, indeed, have 2 eggs to retrieve.
Please pray that we do get 2 mature (but not overripe!) eggs at the retrieval and that they would both fertilize and grow. :)