Thursday, March 11, 2010

A miracle

Seriously. The spotting STOPPED. A miracle.

I had been lightly spotting for about 36 hours when I posted yesterday. After the RE gave me that "worst case scenario" warning, I was definitely scared. I knew everything was still ok, but with my history of spotting I could easily see things moving downhill fast. I asked for prayer from all of you, my husband, and MIL.

I also started drinking a lot of water. My friend at Adding to the Pack had some spotting issues in early pregnancy, and posted about drinking a lot of water as an attempt to get it to stop. As she says in the post, she labeled it in the "can't hurt might help" category, and (coincidentally?) her spotting lessened. As I was freaking out yesterday I remember this post (thanks KK!) and decided to give it a shot myself.

Within an hour of the call out for prayer and increased water drinking, the spotting had stopped. Of course I was cautious and going to the bathroom all.the.time to check (and because I was drinking so much water!)...but it has been almost 24 hours with NO SPOTTING.

I told DH about all of this last night and he laughed, "So it was either God or water, huh?" I am definitely attributing it to God and I am so, so thankful. As I cried yesterday I poured out my heart to him, and I am so thankful for this reminder that he is with me through this and hears me. He is powerful and can work in my infertile body. Now, God may also be using water...who knows? If he is he had me read KK's post a few weeks ago and remember it yesterday, so I am thankful for that, too.

And, of course, I am VERY thankful for each one of you and your thoughts and prayers. To get comment after comment of each one of you joining me in prayer....it was amazing and encouraging. God heard our prayers, friends! Thank you!!!

****
I triggered last night at midnight. As midnight approached I got really nervous about triggering. Not about doing the shot itself - I had done trigger shots for my IUI's - but I think all the stress of the cycle leading up to the trigger and the unknown of what lied ahead made me feel anxious. As I sat alone in the dimly lit living room my heart rate increased steadily, and all I could do was pray.

I then remembered this verse from Philippians 4:6, and felt comforted in my soul: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

****
Now that the trigger shot is done, the spotting has stopped, and I have a day "off" from injections and RE appointments...I am feeling a big sigh of relief and thanking God for a day of rest. I am also praying for trust and peace that surpasses all understanding with all of the unknowns that will unfold in the next week. But it is so nice to have the stimming stage behind me - I made it!

23 comments:

Life Happens said...

That is awesome!! Who knew drinking water would do the trick?! yeah, I know God had a huge hand in it. Keeping the prayers coming for you.

Courtney said...

Praise God!!! I'm so glad that your spotting stopped. Good luck with your retrieval!!!

Rach said...

So amazing. Happy everything worked out.

Amanda said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, but I'm glad to hear that the spotting stopped and you are still on for retrieval. Keep it up with the water. I hope everything is text book from here on out.

Leah said...

I also love that Bible verse, and it's one I have to tell myself constantly. . . as I tend to be a bit anxious for time to time.

SO happy the spotting has stopped. YAY! :-D

Sunshine said...

God is SOOOOOOO good isnt He??! =)

I'm glad that your spotting stopped.

XOXO

A said...

YAY!!!

"I know You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted." (Job 42:2)

Rachel said...

Thanks goodness!

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

WONDERFUL! Can't wait to hear about your retrieval! God is good!!!

Mellow said...

Good for you! Keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there! :)

andreajennine said...

Hallelujah!

Betty Rubble said...

Keep looking ahead!!!

Andrea said...

You stayed FAITHFUL and you made it! Keep holding the hand of GOD and anything is possible for he who believes :)

xo

addingtothepack said...

I am SO GLAD the spotting has stopped. I think that maybe the water just helps you relax and feel like you're doing something to help which lowers your stress. I don't know, but it seems to work!

I am so excited and happy for you!

wait, what? said...

Water or God LOL. Good luck!!!!

sara said...

YAY!! Praise God!! Even for the water:) Still praying for peace and comfort!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Whoo Hoo!! God is so good. I will continue praying for you for the retrieval.

gringa78 said...

What an exciting day this is!! It's all happening!! I am thinking about you everyday and can't wait to get that fantastic fert report. Take good care of yourself after your ER. Take it easy and watch something fun like Access Hollywood or E! to take your mind off things. :)

Hannah said...

I'm so glad to hear that! Hope the ER goes well today, praying with you!
HUGS!

A said...

Praying for a great ER today!!

Lindsay Payne said...

I had spotting shortly after my IVF transfer and a nurse told me to drink about twice as much water as I normally would. She said it flushes out what isn't supposed to be there and delivers important nutrients to the little embryos. Plus, you function better as a whole when properly hydrated. Drink up! Good luck!

AplusB said...

So glad it stopped!! Hope the ER went well.

stillwaitingformysunshine said...

WOW- I have so much to catch up on - so far I love what I'm reading!!!!

sorry to have been missing for a while :(
21reena