Tuesday, March 2, 2010

IVF #1 is a GO!!

And we're starting tonight.

Starting as in starting stims tonight.

No birth control pills like originally planned.

I was almost in shock after my appointment today! The RE said he reviewed my HSG from July and said it was actually a really good picture of my uterus, so he doesn't feel the need to do the SHG. I don't know if that's why we're skipping the birth control pills, but I'll gladly follow the doctor's orders.

However, I hadn't ordered my meds yet. I was still secretly hoping for a break cycle BFP, so why should I buy expensive meds when there was that small chance I wouldn't need them? When I confessed this to the RE & my nurse, I felt like a bad school child who had been irresponsible about doing her homework, haha! I don't think they saw it like this, thankfully, and amazingly another patient had just donated an unused 900iu cartridge of Follistim over the weekend, so they gave it to me for free! So in the end the earlier start date is a huge blessing and saved us quite a bit of money. I feel so blessed!

My blood work was a little disappointing...but I just have to keep reminding myself that the doctor said I may have a low quantity of eggs but the quality should be good based on my age. I hope so. And ultimately I keep reminding myself that God is in control. My E2 was the lowest it's ever been (which is good!) at 31 (I think it was around 87 & 68 before), but my FSH was the highest it's ever been at 10.9 (previous tests were 8.7 and 9). I had to laugh a little that they keep saying "anything under 10 is fine..." but when my nurse called today she said, "We like to see it under 12..." I could tell she really didn't want me to freak out and immediately reassured me when I said that it keeps going up. Ah well. :)

We're praying for God to use this IVF cycle to give us our miracle child, and I know he CAN work around some lazy sperm and a higher than I would like FSH. Thanks to each one of you for your prayers and support!

40 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

Praying for you constantly and that this cycle is the one!! How wonderful that you held onto faith that God could give you a BFP and even though He didn't He still gave you a blessing for being steadfast, keep it up!!!

jeanna said...

Prayers are coming your way, I hope God will use the doctors and medicine to bless you with the most precious gift (other than His Son, of course).

GL and I will be thinking and praying for you.

Missy said...

Good luck! I'll be praying for you.

Did you see my limerick on my blog?

Sarah said...

Wow! So exciting! I hope this is it for you :) You deserve your little miracle!! Praying for you and can't wait to read how things are going! Good luck :)

Jennifer said...

Yes HE can! I am praying that this cycle will be the one!!

Dea.nna said...

Sending lots of prayers! Very exciting! God is definitely bigger than IF!

addingtothepack said...

Wow -- how exciting! And what a blessing to get some free meds as well. Tons of good wishes coming toward you for this cycle!

Melody said...

This is so stinkin' exciting! I am praying for you guys, with you guys, for this cycle to be the one.

Courtney said...

Woohoo! Good luck starting the stims tonight. God always has an amazing way of working things out for us. So glad that this IVF cycle is underway. I'll be praying for a BFP soon!

Kelli said...

Hoooooray! How exciting!! Praying so hard for you guys and this cycle!

Life Happens said...

Praying that this is THE cycle for you!!

Rach said...

Really praying this one works! Keep us updated on the cycle!!

Buck said...

Thinking of you (though I'm terrible about leaving comments!) and hoping this is the start of something magical!!

Stephanie said...

I love how God works things out! I am glad this cycle worked out for you. I hope this cycle brings a BFP for you!

Al said...

So excited for you! I'm glad everything is working out well with the meds and you can get right into trying. I hear you on the high FSH - mine is a bit higher than yours - but we can still get pregnant! We can. I hope this is it for you!

sara said...

YES!! What a blessing the meds are!!! Wow...continuing to pray for a miracle child:)

Nicole said...

Woohoo, it's ON!! I'm so excited for you! Perplexed a little about the BCP skip, but who wants to wait when the doc gives a green light?! How cool!

Mellow said...

How exciting! I will be keeping you in my prayers! How wonderful that someone donated those meds and you were a recipient, that is a huge blessing. Good luck and many blessings to you!

AplusB said...

So excited for you, Hillary! I am so, so hopeful for you! I'm sorry about the kind of high FSH, but if you're Dr. isn't worried, than you shouldn't be either! Keep us posted on how the stims go! I can't believe this is happening so quickly for you. Yay!

gringa78 said...

Best, best, best of luck, hun!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!! You are in my thoughts everyday.

wait, what? said...

Wishing you the best of luck

The Swann's said...

Such a wonderful day! So much hope and prayer carrying you both thru this! I'm so thrilled you were able to get the free Follistim! That's awesome and does save quite a bit!!!! Praying, praying, praying!!!

Betty Rubble said...

This is WAY exciting!!!

Leah said...

So exciting that IVF is a go. . . and already!!! That is amazing. I'll be thinking of you and praying so much for you this cycle. :-D

jones said...

dusting you with all the good luck in the world!!!!

andreajennine said...

Whoa! How exciting to start stims so much earlier than expected! Praying that the whole cycle goes really well...

Kaz and Amy said...

I’m praying too!!!!

Amy
www.theprikazskys.com

WantWait&Pray said...

SOOO exciting! Praying lots for you hun!!!

suchagoodegg said...

I am over the moon for you!!! Your energy is so awesome and amazing, keep it up....I'm rooting for you!!!

The Mrs. said...

Praying for you girl!! That is awesome!

Tabitha said...

So exctied for you!! So many prayers going up!!

kdactyl said...

Yahoo...I'm so excited....have you done your first shot yet? Not so bad huh? These stim shots are a breeze...

I will be praying and following. Good luck Hillary!

kd

Shanny said...

This is great! You are in my prayers =)

Hannah said...

So great that you get to start right away! Praying for you!

c by the sea said...

yay for new beginnings! sending lots of love and prayers to you ad your hubs for a successful cycle :)

Caroline said...

I am praying for you like crazy Hillary! Hugs x

Heather said...

What wonderful and exciting news!! No BCP is awesome, and the free follistim is amazing!! God is so good! It sounds like you're on your way to a great cycle! I will be lifting you in prayer, sweetie! It's all happening so fast!! Gee, once God brought you and DH to the same page, He MOVED!!!

Rambler said...

Wow, no BCP, what a great jumpstart to the cycle!! I'm thrilled for you and hope that the stims are painfree and you are ready for ET before you know it.

P.S...amazing how it all works out, with the free meds and all. I like those kinds of signs.

Melis.sa said...

Thinking of you guys!!

That's awesome about the donated follistim! that stuff is expensive...

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!!!! my prayers are with you as you start - SO EXCITING!!!!

21reena