Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can't stop thinking about my embryo(s)

Is this what it's like to be a mom? I constantly find my mind wandering to the lab an hour from my house, wondering how my embryo(s) is/are doing, and then praying that they are dividing and growing strong. I woke in the middle of the night last night with these thoughts, and could not sleep until I had spent a nice long time praying for them. I have also been seeking to entrust them to the Lord who is the creator of all life.

But I can hardly think of anything else.

After researching embryos with only one pronucleus (which one of our two fertilized embryos had yesterday), I found an article that said 90% of those are genetically abnormal. Since then I have been thinking we will only have one embryo to transfer....but I still pray for the second one just in case. But hopefully I won't be too disappointed if we only have one.

Of course, we may have none to transfer and this has been a lingering fear. When the nurse called today to tell me the time to arrive for my ET tomorrow, I was so scared she would tell me our embryos had stopped growing. However, she said to show up at 10:45am....and I assumed no news is good news. I didn't want any more information to potentially obsess over. I am thankful to be doing a 3-day transfer...knowing we may only have one or two I feel better about them being in me than in the lab.

Tomorrow at this time I will hopefully have an embryo or two in my uterus. Please, Lord, grow our embryo(s)!

22 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

Praying, Praying, Praying for you and your embryos. Keep your trust and faith in the Lord. He knows our plans for the future. This will work. {{HUGS}}

Rachel said...

Thinking of you like crazy!

Barb said...

I'm praying that all goes well at ET. It will be great to have your embryos back with you, where they belong. Good luck tomorrow! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
~Babsie7

Sarah said...

Hoping and praying for you BIGTIME :) I'm so excited for you. Im sure it nervewrecking, but just try to keep positive about things. :)

Amber said...

I'd be thinking about them all the time too! I'm praying for you with all my might right now and look forward to hearing about ET tomorrow!!!

The Swann's said...

Praying for you, DH, and your baby(s)!!!!! So very excited to hear how the ET goes tomorrow and of course, in about 10 days your test results... Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm just so excited for you!!!!

addingtothepack said...

Sending you all kinds of good thoughts for tomorrow!

Rach said...

Many blessings tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

Praying for you and your little embryos! Will be thinking about you tomorrow1

A said...

Continuing to pray for your little family!!

Mellow said...

More prayers coming your way! I hope tomorrow goes well!

Rambler said...

Praying for you, wishing you a safe ET in the morning. Many hugs and prayers.

Melis.sa said...

Thinking of you today & tomorrow! Hoping for the best!

melissa78 said...

Praying for you!!!!

andreajennine said...

Praying for your transfer today; can't wait to hear a report!

Hannah said...

Praying for you! Please let us know how the transfer goes!

Beckie's Infertile said...

Thinking and praying for you girl! Go embies go!

kdactyl said...

Saying lots of prayers for you today. Happy ET!

Kd

One Who Understands said...

Praying for you today!! I hope it is two embryos, but no matter what the Lord has a plan and it will all work out.

Al said...

I hope it's two embabies and the transfer goes beautifully!

Kaz and Amy said...

Praying this prayer for you....Praying, praying, praying! Have a great Monday!

rebecca said...

Hoping everything goes smoothly for you at transfer tomorrow:)

~LFCA