Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice....

...to be able to schedule important cycle dates like your period or ovulation?

While I am still hoping and praying for a break cycle miracle this week, I am also planning on the definite possibility that my period will arrive. Originally I had thought this would happen Thursday or Friday, and was instructed to start birth control pills on cycle day 2. Easy plan - no problem!

However, a few days later my nurse called and said they actually wanted me to come in for baseline blood work (and ultrasound? I can't remember) on cycle day 2 or 3 before starting the birth control pills. This sounds like a very small change of plans that would usually only entail moving a couple things on my calendar, but this weekend we are going to winter camp with the youth group...two and half hours away from my RE. And as much as I want to do everything 'perfectly', I can't justify a 5 hour round trip drive that would take up most of my day! If that were the case, it would almost be better not to go to camp...but I don't want to miss it.

I then remembered my little friend progesterone, who has been so wonderful to keep the spotting away; and, conveniently, has kept my period away until I stopped taking it. The only day I absolutely do not want to get my period is Friday (cycle day 14) because that would make cycle day 2 and 3 fall on the weekend I'm away. So my plan is to take the progesterone all day on Friday and hope that solves the problem.

Of course, my body has been known to have a mind of it's own, so we'll see if it will cooperate with my scheming.

16 comments:

wait, what? said...

I hope it works out for you! My RE will do the baseline workup into cd4 or in rare cases cd5. Hopefully the progesterone will help with timing.

andreajennine said...

Ditto on the above comment - it's usually fine to do your first appointment anytime CD2-5. So don't stress if that cycle starts on Friday!

Leah said...

I also wish we could select when things happen in our cycles! I remember last summer, my IVF cycle fell right on July 4th weekend! I hadn't told anyone I was doing IVF again and was forced to tell everyone so they wouldn't be angry that I was cancelling cabin plans for the weekend. Frustrating. Praying the progesterone will keep things at bay for a couple more days.

Betty Rubble said...

Of course you realize...our bodies have a way of being turn coats when we try to control them :) Good luck! I hope it all works out according to schedule!

Al said...

If only we could schedule O dates and AF dates! That would take so much stress off...

I hope your plan works out perfectly!

The Wife said...

I did some scheming (w/ provera) during my cycle in Aug/Sept. I so didn't want AF showing up while we were on the cruise. The timing worked and we got a BFP. Sometimes scheming works!

Melissa G said...

Funny how our bodies go and do as they please depsite all of our well laid plans...

Here's to AF playing nice this month!

Jennifer said...

I hope your plan works.

Check out my blog...there's something for you over there. :)

Lin said...

You're so right about the scheduling! The wait is the worst! I hope the progesterone does the trick and AF holds off until the next weekday! Enjoy your trip!

A said...

Hope your scheming pays off!! Praying for you as you begin this whole process (hug)

Anonymous said...

ugg, i know. i thought i'd be taking the pills now and have the transfer over my school's spring vacation..now it's pushed back 2 weeks...grrr

hope it works out!

21reena

Andrea said...

Hang in there and know that I'll forever be your cheerleader :)

Positive vibes coming your way...and to your body I say, cooperate please :)

HUGS
xoxo

Shanny said...

I hope it works out for you! ::Come on progesterone keep AF away for now:: GL!

AplusB said...

Good call on the progesterone - hope it all works out...and even more so, hope you get pregnant during this pre-IVF cycle!!

addingtothepack said...

I hope that AF stays away for one more day and that you have a great time at the retreat this weekend!

Hannah said...

Hope you have a wonderful retreat!
HUGS!