Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello, 2010!

Happy New Year! Happy 2010!

Sa.n Fr.ancisco was A-MAZ-ING! We had such a fabulous time in the city, and it was such an exciting way to ring in the New Year. We had a nice dinner, walked around Union Square, and then watched the ball drop on TV in our room while drinking champagne and watching the city from our beautiful view.

While in the city, I got to meet up with a blogger friend, Melissa, from Banking On It. This was my first time ever meeting up with any of my "internet friends" (as DH jokingly refers to all of you as), and it was such a wonderful experience! Melissa was just as amazing in person as she is on her blog. She's tall, beautiful, honest, and open - so easy to talk to. It was amazing how we could pick up right where we "left off" on our blogs and share our journeys from the past year as well as our hopes for the year to come.

It was powerful to reflect together at the start of a new year. Both of us will potentially and hopefully be starting a new set of treatments within the next few months, and as we said good-bye and hugged outside of Starbucks in Un.ion Sq.uare, I was so excited and thankful to think ahead to where we will be a year from now. That perhaps we will both be pregnant (or with a baby already!), but if we are not we might be done with fertility treatments and setting out on the new path of adoption. As difficult as it would be to let go of my dream of pregnancy, I felt a sense of elation in knowing there is an end in sight - and in that ending, we will be mothers.

Thank you, Melissa, for sharing those moments of hopefulness with me! I am cheering you on and am excited to see what 2010 has in store for you (and me :)).

And to all the rest of my "internet friends" out there - I hope and pray for many blessings in your life this year as well!

17 comments:

Leah said...

So glad you had fun in San Fran. And how wonderful to meet up with an internet friend. :-D

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Sounds like you had a great time! How great you got to meet up with bloggy buddy! Happy New Year!

Just Us... said...

My best friend used to be "invisible" too! Just a blog reader!

Hope you are able to meet up with more of your blogging buddies soon!

Caroline said...

Hi Hillary,
I'm glad that you had a great time - you deserve it. I am praying that 2010 will be a wonderful year for you and your DH.

Eileen said...

I wish I had known you were in town. I would have tried finagle an invite!

Rain Child said...

I am so glad you had fun in SF. Next time you come out this way, let me know and I can give you some great restaurant recommendations!!!

I have yet to meet any friends from the bloggy world, but I think it will be amazing when I do.

Happy New Year!

Astrid said...

That sounds SO fun. Also exciting that you have a finish line in sight. I bet that helps a lot during those times when it's otherwise hard to make it through the day. And yay for finding a blogger IRL that you have so much to share with. That is so special. I'm glad your NY's went so well. And I hope it just goes up from here for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip!!

21reena

Kelli said...

Same to you, my friend - many blessings in 2010! :)

Courtney said...

Wishing you many blessings in 2010 too! You deserve it!

One Who Understands said...

Bring it 2010! This is going to be our year!

Rachel said...

Woo Hoo for a great trip!

Al said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! happy new year, I'm hoping and praying for a 2010 baby for you!

A said...

That is awesome that you had a nice time in san fran!! How are you feeling about this 2ww? I sure hope God has your baby blessing coming soon!!

AplusB said...

That's so great you got to meet up with a fellow bloggie! Sounds like a fun NYE, too :)

How are you feeling 10 dpo? My breasts are super sore...still waiting on the 9 dpo progesterone results. I have never taken the supplements, but your ringing endorsements definitely encourage me to ask my RE about them!!

Andrea said...

And, there's always champagne!

SO happy you were able to meet Melissa and talk. It always helps to talk to someone who can empathize with your situation. It's nice that others feel for us, but talking to someone walking the same long and often lonely journey helps in profound ways.

Sending you luck in the new year!

Melissa G said...

Hillary it was truly a pleasure to have met you in person. I really enjoyed talking with you, and I walked away feeling very hopeful as well! Thank you so much for that.

Hugs.