Monday, December 7, 2009

Wonderful weekend

I love the Christmas season! I was nervous it would be a difficult season this year in light of our infertility, but, so far, it is has been incredibly joyful. My DH teases me about how excited I get about the little things, and lately it has been yummy hot drinks, Christmas music, putting up our decorations & Christmas tree, and holiday parties.

And what makes me most giddy of all? Putting up our Christmas lights! DH's parents came up to hang out with this weekend, and DH & FIL worked on adding an exterior wall outlet to make it easier to put up lights. It took much longer to do than expected (most of the day on Sat!), but the lights are up and plugged into our new outlet. Now, every time we drive up to the house and I see our lights twinkling I smile.

On Sunday we went to church, and the advent series continues to refresh my soul and fill me with such joy that Christ came as a baby, AND he is returning again! We also had hot chocolate on the patio after church. :) The weather here in CA has been COLD (for us - in the 50's - haha) so I have loved wearing sweaters. Today it is even raining!

After church we got our Christmas tree, and then went to a choral performance of Handel's Messiah. It was a beautiful performance in a beautiful theater, followed by a stroll downtown, which was beautifully lit up and decorated for Christmas. We ate a lovely Italian dinner, and then went home and trimmed our tree! We all had a fantastic day.

I'm also thankful to be halfway done with my two week wait. The first week is always much easier, but we have had such full days that the time is going by quickly. Our next week is BUSY, so I'm hoping that eases the second half of the two week torture.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too!

14 comments:

A said...

Wow, that sounds idyllic! I am so glad you are enjoying this time of anticipation. Doesn't it just renew your hope to stellar levels?!

Melissa G said...

A lovely weekend indeed.

Hope the rest of your tww flies by with only good news at the end!

Melis.sa said...

What a beautiful time!! Lol at your 50 degree weather :) it's been around 9 degrees here :)


WOot woot, one week down..

Missy said...

I always get giddy with Christmas lights as well. It is so much fun and makes things seem magical. Glad you had a great weekend. I wish we could have hot chocolate on the porch, but we have to settle for it by our fireplace.

Rach said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

I love the decorations too. I plug in my tree first thing when I get home from work and I find myself staring at it a lot!

Anything that makes you smile in the mist of infertility is a good thing!

Al said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I was really nervous about christmas this year too but now that the house is decorated I'm getting into the spirit.

And yea, 50 degrees sounds wonderful!!

Lin said...

Sounds like such a lovely week! I agree...the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas fill me with such joy, as well!

Good luck in the rest of your 2ww!

Astrid said...

Sounds awesome, I LOVE love xmas lights too. That's all it takes to get me in the spirit - although everything else is nice too, particularly the warm drinks.

Nicole said...

Glad you're loving your Christmas! Me too :)
Good luck with the second half of the 2ww! Can't wait to hear the result!!!

Andrea said...

You're not alone in the 2ww, as I'm there with you. Distraction during this time is the best, as it seems to pass so slowly. Praying we both see + signs very soon.

Hugs

Leah said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the holiday season. I LOVE Handel's Messiah. Hearing it brings so much joy to me. Thinking of you Hillary.

entrusted said...

Sounds lovely! I hope next weekend is even more wonderful. ;)

Kacy said...

We put up Christmas lights for the first time in four years! I am so glad your holiday's are off to a great start. Merry Christmas!

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Rambler said...

As I write this comment you should be at the home stretch of the 2ww. Hope there is good news to share!

And I hope the twinkle of those holiday lights sets in your heart. ;)