Saturday, November 28, 2009

Vindicated :)

I went in for my {early} cycle day 10 appointment. They didn't think I needed to come in until Monday (cycle day 12), and this morning were a little bit confused as to why I was there. The RE was happy to accommodate and do a check, though.

Turns out, I had one 24mm follicle ready to go. I couldn't help but smile at DH and say "See..." with my eyes. In the hallway I overheard two nurses discussing that I was waiting for my blood work, and one said to the other, "Yes, she came in early because she feared ovulating too early. Turns out she is ready to go. I guess she knows her body!" DH leaned over and said I must feel vindicated, and I confess I did. :)

I am *a little* disappointed that there is only one follicle, and feel like this cycle wasn't as "nice" as the other in terms of my response. The side I had the follicle on is the same side where the small cyst still remained at the start of the cycle, and I guess that turned into a dominant follicle right away? He had me do blood work to confirm that I actually had a mature follicle and not just a large cyst, so I was glad to get the call a few hours later that I do in fact have an egg to ovulate.

Melissa had a funny blog post title last week that made me smile: Guess who thinks she knows more than her RE? Don't you feel like that sometimes?? I mean, I know that in the big scheme of things he knows WAY more than me, but when it comes to me and my body I think I know more. This cycle feels like confirmation of that. Not just in terms of the early ovulation, but I also questioned him starting me on clomid and Menopur a day later (cycle day 4 for clomid, and cycle day 9 for Menopur). I wonder if the later start made me have a dominant follicle, and I only ended up getting in one dose of the Menopur. Really, this turned out to be just a clomid cycle.

I know "it only takes one," and I am so very thankful that I do have one and didn't get canceled or anything this cycle. There are no problems this cycle, I just don't feel like this cycle was as good as the other. But God doesn't require perfect cycles with two eggs on cycle day 14 to create life, so I am still praying hopefully for a miracle!

IUI part 1 will be tomorrow morning, and IUI part 2 will be on Monday. I'll keep you posted on the post wash counts, which are the last mysterious piece of the puzzle each cycle.

18 comments:

Rachel said...

Fingers crossed for you!

Leah said...

It's so frustrating when the RE doesn't listen. You obviously do know your own body. Hope this is the cycle for you.

Waiting said...

I hope everything goes well with the IUI! Glad you changed the appointment!!

Courtney said...

I hope everything goes well!

Life Happens said...

Isn't it nice to know that you were right, especially about your body. I will be saying lots of prayers for you.

Amanda said...

Hope for an early Christmas gift!

Nicole said...

Good thing you moved your appt up! Good for you for sticking up for yourself. GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Amber said...

I'm so glad someone knows her own body. I swear I feel ovulatory pain on cycles when I don't ovulate and feel nothing when I do. Plus, I had no clue I was pregnant...

My DH had a varicocele surgery this year, so we're hoping for better counts too!

A baby for Al? said...

I'm so glad you scheduled the early appointment and you didn't have to sit out this cycle b/c they missed ovulation! It feels great to be right on these little things.

Good luck this cycle, I hope you have great counts :-)

A baby for Al? said...

err, I guess it should be I hope he has a great counts?!? ;-) Anyways, good luck wishing you guys get a BFP!

Baby Wanted said...

Good thing you moved your appointment, I'm sure you aren't going to have any problems with them from here on out...they know not to underestimate you now! :)

Good Luck!

Melissa G said...

Vindication indeed. I'm so glad you spoke up, and went with your instincts. I know it's a little disappointing that you only got one follie, but like you said at least you didn't have to sit out this cycle. Here's to hoping one is all you need!

I'm glad you posted about this, it really makes me feel that much better about speaking up to my RE.

P.S. Thanks for the shout out. =)

Caroline said...

I'm thinking of you Hillary. x

Priscilla said...

Vindicated for sure!! Good luck!!! :)

AplusB said...

Glad you were right about the early appointment! Good luck - fingers crossed!!

kdactyl said...

Thinking of you today and hoping for great SA results and a successful IUI

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD YOU WENT EARLY!!! I basically go to my clinic whenever I think I need something - they think I'm crazy...but I'm usually right too :) Good luck with the 2 IUIs - can't wait to hear how they go!

21reena

gringa78 said...

YES! So glad you went in early!! I really think you have to be your own advocate in this process or you get the standard treatment. Good for you. fingers crossed this is your lucky egg!