Monday, November 2, 2009

spotting and Halloween

Just like my last post-medicated cycle, I have been spotting continuously since my period stopped (and last time that happened for the complete 19 day cycle). It is incredibly annoying, but I am trying to count my blessings that I am healthy, and not in any pain or discomfort. I can handle annoying.

Unlike like last time, I got a beautiful and positive second line on an OPK yesterday (cycle day 8). I might get another, more positive one today....we'll see. I keep meaning to start taking my temperature so that I can really know what's going on this cycle and if I do in fact ovulate, but I never seem to remember when I wake up in the morning. I used to be such a diligent charter, and LOVED having a complete and accurate chart. Now those few temps around potential ovulation are somewhat problematic to obtain.

****

We had an action packed weekend, and I am thankful that this cycle continues to fly by. We hosted a Halloween party on Saturday night and it was so.much.fun. I love hosting parties. I made chili, cornbread, and cute Halloween cupcakes and we had about 25 people over. There were 4 kids who came and we had The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown for them the watch, followed by a game where they had to eat a mini donut with no hands that was dangling from a string. It was hilarious to see some 2 and 3 year olds attempt to do this - they were so adorable!

This was our 2nd annual Halloween party, I guess. We never intended to necessarily make it a tradition, but it just might turn into that. Everyone seemed to appreciate having something to do on that night, and hopefully they had as much fun as I did.

I hope you had a great weekend! Did you do anything for Halloween?

ETA: Yes, we did dress up! We were an Am.ish couple....a little strange, I know. We got the costumes for another youth group event earlier in the year and re-used. :)

13 comments:

Melis.sa said...

That stinks about the spotting :(

The party sounds like fun!! Did you guys dress up?

Jess said...

I wish the spotting would stop! Oh well, at least you are ovulating. I hope this cycle ends with a pregnancy, who knows...you may get lucky without an IUI and meds since you are ovulating. One can wish for you right?

Your party sounds like a lot of fun! Did you two dress up?

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Melissa G said...

Spotting sucks, it can be such an inconvenience!

Glad to hear you had such a great Halloween! We just hung out and passed out candy. it was nice and mellow.

A baby for Al? said...

Sorry about the spotting...it is so annoying. Glad the cycle is going by so fast and you had a great weekend :-). The party sounds fun!

Courtney said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats on the positive OPK!!

Miracle in the Making said...

Congrats on a +OPK! That's exciting!

Wait, What? said...

Congrats on the positive OPK!

Leah said...

Sorry about the spotting. So annoying. Your Halloween sounded like great fun though. :-D

AplusB said...

Sounds like a great party! I love the Charlie Brown movies - I probably would have watched that with the kiddos :)
Sorry about the spotting, but glad this cycle is going by quickly.

kdactyl said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your break. And a positive OPK on CD8 is great....just enjoy reconnecting with your hubby and all the fun that fall brings. Before you know it...you will be past the break and ready for a new cycle (or...you could get one of those little "on a break" suprises).

kd

Kelli said...

Sounds like a fun party :) I dressed up on Friday for my school's "storybook parade" but Saturday was kind of blah. Brian and I just went to a movie - didn't really even feel like Halloween.

Anonymous said...

omg - spotting can make you nuts! So glad your OPK results have been good.

Sounds like you had a great Halloween!

21reena

addingtothepack said...

Sorry that the spotting is back (or still here, whatever).

I think an annual Halloween party would be a great tradition to cultivate. I wish one of our friends would start one (haha, see how I do not volunteer to do it -- always a better idea when someone else is in charge).