Monday, November 30, 2009

IUI #3 Part 2

Whew, we made it! There's such a nice feeling of relief after that last appointment, despite the fact that I've now entered the challenging two week wait. But from where I sit today I feel relieved and thankful we made it this far.

IUI #3 Part 2 had lower counts and motility: 4.7 million post wash with only 29% motility. Of course we had hoped and prayed for higher numbers, but I think we've accepted that DH's SA's are generally not very good and to just expect it. Yesterday's 10.7 million was a pleasant surprise.

Thank you for your kind prayers and encouragements - I am feeling much more emotionally stable and hopeful today. Last night our church started our Advent series, and the message was about the hope we have as we wait for Christ to return, and the promises that were fulfilled when Christ first came. God is so faithful. I have a feeling that this Advent season will really minister to my soul while I am in such a place of waiting. Even though I have been a Christian for quite a few years, I think I am just now starting to grasp this deeper, beautiful message of Advent.

17 comments:

julie said...

Im glad you are feeling better today. It is such a roller coaster of emotions. Remember that with each step you take, God will carry you and will give you the answers you need.

Life Happens said...

I hope the 2ww will go by fast for you and you will find strength during this waiting period.

Lin said...

Glad to hear that IUI #3 is behind you...and that you are feeling a bit better! I know what you mean about "walking the plank." It's not a nice feeling! Hoping and praying this is it for you and you have to walk the plank no further!

Baby Wanted said...

YAY...2WW begins! :)

Jendeis said...

Praying that this 2ww goes by quickly.

Missy said...

Glad you are feeling OK about it. I think this is all about hope. And it's nice to hear that you do know your body well.

A baby for Al? said...

Glad you're feeling better about things :-). I hope the 2ww flies by!

Melis.sa said...

woot!! And now we wait...((HUGS)) Hoping for the best, as always :)

Krystal said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went well. I praying for you during your 2ww and I hope you get that BFP!

MRS.B said...

Praying for you! A BFP would be such a wonderful Christmas present!

A said...

I am glad that things went well today, even though the counts were lower than yesterday. I will be praying for you during the next two weeks! I sure hope God has an Advent baby in store for you!

Rach said...

Yay! Hope it's a fast 2WW!

kdactyl said...

I hate the 2WW...but here is some hope for you....My DH has a similar issue to your DH....counts were typically 2million to 7 million....but.....we had 1 great `10 million and we got pregnant on that cycle...so I am so excited you got that 10Mu!!!! I have high hopes for you.

finding_ac said...

hilary-

are you a seventh day adventist like i am?

you made me wonder when you were talking about the evangelistic series.

♥ ac

AplusB said...

Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly! And congrats on the great numbers for Part 1. There is so much to be hopeful about!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with 2WW!!

21reena

Rambler said...

Just wanted to add my baby wishes to the mix. Glad to hear you got some good numbers and the doctor's listened to you about your body and its cycles. :)