Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cycle Day 1

Yeah! Finally (says the girl with notoriously short cycles after a whopping 25 day cycle)!

AF arrived at around 8:00pm last night, so my RE is counting today (Thursday) as cycle day 1. I go in tomorrow for my baseline ultrasound....PLEASE let there be NO CYSTS! I am praying.

I am also thankful that, assuming there are no cysts, the timing of my appointments and IUI's will most likely be over Thanksgiving weekend but NOT on Thanksgiving day. It would have been a little stressful to figure out how to explain a doctor's appointment on Thanksgiving day. :) But it's also nice that we may not have to miss work and can 'leisurely' go to our appointments over the weekend.

Thanks for all your well-wishes about AF's arrival!

15 comments:

A said...

Ooh, I have been praying your cysts have been healed!! Good thing you don't have to skip out on Turkey to have the IUI- that would be a little awkward! We had our IUI on a Sunday, and it was great to not have to worry about going back to work, etc. Will continue to keep you in my prayers~

Rachel said...

Fingers crossed for no cysts!

Priscilla said...

So glad AF finally showed...good luck with your upcoming IUI. That's great that it'll be over the weekend and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for NO cysts!! :)

Leah said...

I hope this is your cycle! :-D

entrusted said...

Alright! We did an IUI right around Thanksgiving a few years ago. We thought it would be more stressful to cram it into the holiday weekend, but like you said, it was actually more leisurely. Praying for good things!
-andreajennine

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY ABOUT AF!!! Good luck with your baseline monitoring!!

21reena

JC said...

Yay! I hope there are no cysts. Fingers crossed!

Mary said...

Alright, Hillary! There could be a Christmas pregnancy yet. I'm glad that the appts are going to fall on 'good' days too.

So thrilled for you, hon.

Nicole said...

Woohoo! Sounds like it should work out swimmingly :)

Courtney said...

Yay for AF!! I'm praying for you and I hope this cycle is a success!!

AplusB said...

Isn't it weird when you're actually happy to have your period arrive? Such a strange feeling! I hope those cysts are gone and that the IUI timing works out with the Thanksgiving holiday!

A baby for Al? said...

Yay, AF! Glad you can get going on the next IUI. I hope your cysts have disappeared and the timing works out.

Have a great weekend

About Me said...

Things are lining up for a good cycle! Good luck!!

TheDales said...

Thinking about you today hoping you will be cyst free!!

I hope your IUI won’t fall on Thanksgiving…I’m having the same worry. I hope I am far enough along to trigger on Monday for an IUI on Wednesday since I already have the day off. My family already knows what we’re going through but trying to cook food and be at my parents house by lunch time will be extremely hard.

Good luck today!

Amanda said...

Hoping your baseline went well!