Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Creme de la Creme and other news

I realized that I never updated all of you about DH's sickness last week. Thankfully, it proved to be really mild and he only had a fever for about 24 hours (which we medicated so he wasn't literally fevered that whole time). It felt like a miracle! DH is one of those people that tends to get sick more often and worse than others, so we were so, so thankful this was as mild as it was. So maybe it wasn't H1N1?

****
In other rather mundane news, my spotting continues endlessly. It got quite heavy at the end of last week, so I called the RE's office to talk to a nurse. She said my hormones are off because the cysts are releasing estrogen. This is a different explanation than my old RE's nurse from when this happened after my last clomid/ progestorone cycle, but both make sense and it could probably be either (or both).

I think I am just anticipating that after every medicated cycle I will probably have cysts and I will probably spot the entire time. At least it won't be as much of a shock from here on out.

****
Have you heard of the Creme de la Creme list? Mel, the organizer of our ALI (Adoption, Loss, and Infertility) community, puts this together each year to celebrate the wonderful blogging that is happening. She has a great explanation on her blog if you click over, but I would just encourage any of you who have a blog to submit a post! I do not think of myself as a writer, but I submitted one - so you can too! It will be such an amazing compilation of posts to read through on or after New Year's.

Here's the logo:


Creme


The Best of the Adoption/Loss/Infertility Blogs of 2009

Hope to see many of you on the list with me! And if you need help choosing a post, let me know - I'd be happy to look at some with you. :)

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Hillary,

I'm glad that your husband's symptoms didn't develop into something very nasty.

As a long time "spotter" like yourself, I understand how frustrating spotting can be.

xx

Melis.sa said...

I'm glad to hear that your dh is well again!!

i remember spotting for about 3 months the summer i was 19. it was so annoying!!! Hopefully AF will come soon so that you can start another medicated cycle.

((HUGS))

A said...

I am so glad the sickness was short lived!! It's a bummer you're spotting so much, though. My friend K is doing chinese medicine (herbs/acccupuncture) to try to help her spotting and so far so good! Have you ever tried accupuncture? I haven't, but it's intriguing...

I saw the Creme de la Creme on her blog..but I'm shy about picking a post! I'm thinking either "It's worth it" or "Rambling"...what do you think? Would you suggest any others?

Julie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love you blog and have added it to my blogroll! (-:

Julie said...

Oops. sorry. YOUR blog.

Glad your DH is healthy again!

A baby for Al? said...

Glad your hubby is better and that it wasn't serious.

Ugh, spotting sucks. It's so annoying..I hope it stops very soon.

I have read about the creme de la creme list but I have honestly no idea what post I would submit. If you have any ideas, let me know...

addingtothepack said...

Glad hubby is feeling better.
Sorry the spotting continues, but at least there's something to be said for knowing what to expect, even if it's not welcome.

Jess said...

Glad your hubby is feeling better! Which post did you put in? I think I'm going to submit the letter I wrote to my unborn child.