Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Doesn't it always seem true that whenever you want your period to arrive, it doesn't? And when you don't want it to arrive, it does?

Well, I'm in the hoping-for-it-to-come-quickly camp today at what I think is 14 dpo. If my period doesn't arrive in a mere 3 hours, it will be "late." Typing that word made me want to get hopeful, but I have learned in these last 23 cycles that "late" can mean nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Or, it could mean that I didn't ovulate when I think I did....which is very possible. I did get a positive OPK, but I did not chart or verify things. So I could be wrong.

Or, it could mean that I didn't ovulate at all. Maybe I got a positive OPK because my LH was surging to try to ovulate, but then ovulation never occurred. And now I could be in nebulous anovulation land.

Or, it could mean that somewhere in all of this spotting (that lasted from cycle day 1 through today, cycle day 24!) I did actually have a very light period and didn't know it. I really hope it's not that option.

This maybe kind of a little bit "late" business makes me feel like I should test tomorrow. I guess I will, but it is more to rule out the one possibility out there that can actually be ruled out than out of hope.

Maybe peeing on a stick will remind my period to come out from hiding!

14 comments:

Morningglory said...

Aunt Flow is so moody, Sorry she hasn't come. On the upside I hope she didn't come because of a Blessing.

The Wife said...

It always seems to work out this way, doesn't it. It must be Murphy's law or something. Although I've heard AF always loves coming after POASing. I'll be praying for you!

Priscilla said...

I vote for peeing on a stick!!! Everytime I've done that for the last couple years my AF showed up immediately! :)

A baby for Al? said...

There is something about POAS that makes AF decide to show up within the hour...so I vote for POAS tomorrow if she still hasn't shown up.

Summer B. said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers always.

A said...

Historically for me, POAS will definitely remind her she is late. Of course, I'm praying I'll rewrite history this cycle...

Leah said...

Hoping it shows up for you. Well actually, I'm hoping you test and you are pregnant. That would be even better. :-D

Nicole said...

I say POAS. That almost always brings her running.

Melissa G said...

Sorry AF isn't cooperating. I hate the false hope her absence brings.

I hope you get an answer soon!

WantWait&Pray said...

I'm hoping she stays away......for a long 9 months. Just in case, I'd POAS though because in the 29+ months we were ttc, that usually brought her on.

Hope Endures said...

I have to agree - it's like when you're at a restaurant and you've been waiting for the food a really long time. As soon as you step away from the table to go to the ladies' room, the food comes. It's Murphy's law. Hoping and praying that if you do POAS, you'll get an awesome surprise (and not of the AF variety)!!! :)

Melody said...

Hey Hillary...just stopping by to say I've been reading but haven't had the time to comment. I'm still praying and keeping up with you!

addingtothepack said...

POAS always works for me...most months even just planning to POAS the following morning takes care of it. I hope AF shows up (definitively) for you ASAP.

julie said...

I hope that you have found an answer by now to ease your anxiety! It is truly torture and i wish scientists would figure out a way to detect pregnancy sooner!
Good luck--hope it's postiive results! (-: