Friday, October 23, 2009

Wow and thank you

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the outpouring of love and support. Having your comments pop up in my email all throughout the day brought some sunshine to an otherwise dark feeling day. Thank you for all of the prayers. I am humbled that there are people out there praying and caring for me whom I have never met. Thank you - I cannot say it enough!

I tested again this morning to confirm the negative result. Today was the day my RE instructed me to do so, and said if it is negative to stop the progesterone and call in when my period arrives. They don't do blood pregnancy tests for IUI's (not sure about IVF). As long as we get the green light, we plan on doing another IUI cycle right away.

I continue to trust in the Lord and wait on him. Hear my cries, Lord!

*****

Last night DH and I went out to dinner at one of our usual spots that is familiar and cozy. We talked about our infertility a little at the beginning, and DH got really sad. Each cycle I see a little more sadness in him, too. But we moved on and had a really nice night.

In fact, I ended up laughing harder than I have in a long time - it was such a fun blessing! I don't know if it will be as funny written out here (maybe you just had to be there), but it was too funny to not share with you.

Background: I've mentioned before that DH and I are volunteer youth leaders at our church. Our students are turning 16 this school year, and one of my girls and one of his guys each got their driver's license this week. That led to us talking about how many of the kids seem to get cars pretty quickly, while DH and I didn't have our own car until we graduated college. I asked DH if it was a difference in "our generation" or were we just the exceptions?

DH: Most of my friends had cars in high school.

Me: Huh, I guess we were the weird ones then.

DH: No, I wasn't a wei.ner. I had all my friends to drive me around.

Me: Wait, what did you just say?

DH: I said I wasn't a wei.ner. I was cool.

Me, starting to laugh: That's what I thought you said...but I said we were weird, not wei.ners!

DH: Oh, I thought that's what you said.

Me, laughing really hard now: Seriously!? When have I ever used the word wei.ner to describe someone!? And you said it like it was totally normal...!

Thus began my laugh out loud fest in which I laughed so hard I saw people looking over at me from other tables. Fun times!

(Ok, even as I typed that up I started laughing out loud. DH asked me what I was laughing about, and I told him. He said it wasn't that funny! Ha! So sorry if I am the only one so greatly amused by our miscommunication!)

PS- Somebody a few posts back asked why I put periods in the middle of some words (like wei.ner). It just prevents people from finding my blog using that word in a search engine. I usually use it for body parts since, well, there are a lot of gross things and people on the internet. I've seen other people use it for brand names or people's names, too. Hope that helps and sorry I forgot to respond to your comment sooner!

17 comments:

Dea.nna said...

OMG! That is so funny! Gotta love the comic relief that God provides for us when we're feeling down. I'm continuing to pray for you.

A baby for Al? said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious mis-communication. I love it when stuff like that happens, priceless :-D

Leah said...

I laughed out loud when I read that post too. Laughing is so healing, isn't it? :-D

I'm glad you had your best friend/husband to spend time with after getting the results you did. My husband and I constantly said to each other through our ordeal. . . "As long as we have each other." And it really is true. You two will get through anything as partners. :-D

A said...

Ha! I am so glad you shared a laugh together last night :) I am so happy to pray for you on this journey- I appreciate yours so much!!

Tabitha said...

Love it! Keep on laughing, God will Bless!!

Kelli said...

I'm glad you are smiling and looking to the future with a positive attitude! Love you girl!

Krystal said...

That is legitimately hilarious! I LOL'd, too!

I'm so glad you two got to have some time together. I'm sure it was a blessing.

Thanks for answering my question about the periods! I keep trying to figure it out by myself and it wasn't working!

Melody said...

Ha! That's funny. I was laughing out loud too because I can just picture you doing that. So glad you guys had a great time out even if you did call him a wein.er! So glad to know about the way to keep creepy pervs off the blog.....by adding periods in the word.....very cool. I had always wondered that too.

Courtney said...

I'm so glad that you and your husband had a such a great night together. I hope you get to move forward with your journey soon.

P.S. You should listen to John Waller's song "While I'm Waiting". It's such an awesome song and I really think the words hit home for all of us struggling through this infertility journey and still waiting for our miracles. It has become my infertility theme song! :-)

Lin said...

Just catching up...SO very sorry about the BFN! I was so hopeful that this was your month. You're positive attitude is truly inspiring!

And, LOL at the miscommunication. It is pretty funn! :-)

Blessed said...

Ok that is pretty funny!!!!!!

I am so sorry about the one line but God has plans for you! BIG ONES! I know you know that and it doesnt help but hopefully it helps knowing you are prayed for and loved!

Happy Weekend!

MRS.B said...

I'm so sorry that it wasn't this time...but so happy that you have a wonderful husband to get through this with!

And that totally made me laugh..what a fun thing to remember and joke about!

As always..thinking & praying for you!

JC said...

I liked the story LOL!!! It's funny what gets us laughing histarically. I was dying laughing not too long ago and I would keep thinking about it and would burst out laughing again...finally my DH said "it's not that funny" to me too! Lol oh well, glad we got good laughs out of it.

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

Hi Hillary, I just read your last post. I'm so sorry for your BFN- i'm so sad for you but hopeful it will be a BFP for you soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
((hugs))

Hope Endures said...

Funny story!! Laughter is so good.

I'm so, so sorry about your BFN. Praying for you and your dh.

Kristin said...

I hope you get a happy ending soon! : ) There's nothing like a laughing fit with the hubs to cheer me up too.

Hope Endures said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing! Hope you're hanging in there. Remember that you are prayed for and loved :)