Thursday, October 15, 2009

When pregnancy announcements don't hurt....

Remember my friend Grace? A friend who I found out last spring has been struggling with infertility for 3 years? Who, the last time I had spoken with her, was on her sixth medicated cycle and wasn't sure if they were going to pursue more treatments?

She's pregnant.

I rejoiced at the news! Pregnancy announcements from infertiles are much, much easier for me. Any pregnancy announcement is a joy and miracle, but many from seemingly fertile people can ofteb hurt my heart. But this one....was sweet. And happy. And special.

I actually had not had a very significant conversation with her in awhile. Plus, I kept getting the feeling that she didn't really want to talk about infertility. Subconsciously this was a little sad for me - my one in real life infertile friend, and we weren't even talking about it!

But now it all makes sense....she didn't want to talk about it because she was pregnant but not ready to share the news. She told me at 12 weeks (which was last week), and since then we have exchanged a few emails and had lunch together today. Understandably, she has struggled with a lot of fear in her first trimester. But praise God her baby is growing healthy at this point!

And it truly is a miracle. It was her seventh (and last) medicated cycle before they took a break and potentially ended their fertility treatments.

It's beautiful to see how God's plan in her life has unfolded. I am thankful.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I definitely agree that it is completely different to get a pregnancy announcement from and IF sister! Strange, maybe sad, but true. Hooray for your friend :)

Leah said...

What wonderful news! :-D

A baby for Al? said...

Great news! It doesn't hurt me at all when other infertiles get pregnant. It gives me hope & happiness. I hope it's a good sign for this cycle for you. :-) have a great weekend

Jess said...

What a beautiful post! I love how sweet you are that you can rejoice in your friends great news! It is true, infertile pregnancies are easier than non infertiles yet at times they can still hurt...

I'm so glad you both have each other. As you know, infertility does not stop at your BFP. If you ever need a friend, I'm here for you. My email link is on my profile.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

hopefuls #1 said...

That is awesome!!! So great!!!

Melissa G said...

Always nice to hear a happy ending!

Thanks for sharing that.

Summer @ B is for Brown said...

i totally get this post and thank you for being so honest. i am very happy for her too and will be for you as well.

i am now going on ivf 3 and well, it's been almost a year since my loss and then a year before that when we started trying. whew.

i have my fingers crossed for you, love!

Waiting said...

I know what you mean! Pregnancy announcements from IF sisters are so much easier to hear about!

elle said...

Congratulations to her! It gives hope to hear a story like that.