Friday, October 9, 2009

Part 2: We made it!

Whew, the second IUI is done and I feel so relieved that we made it. Now I can sit back, relax, and wait those looong two weeks. :)

DH's counts were abut the same today. Count was a little lower and motility a little higher, so it averaged out to 5.75 million post wash at 56% motility (versus 5.5 million at 53% motility yesterday). Good news for us - there was a chance they could have dropped significantly since there was only 24 hours of abstinence.

I meant to say this yesterday, but we are rejoicing in the improvement of DH's pre-wash motility! Pre-surgery (a year ago now!) his motility tested at 3% and 5%, 4 months post-surgery at 10%, and 6 months post surgery was at 15%. And at the IUI's, it was at 23% and 38% -- the highest we have ever seen! To go from 3% to around 25% is quite an improvement in our minds, and is good news.

The "bad" news was the significant drop in count, which led our post-wash numbers to be lower than expected. DH's count usually tested around 70mil, but like all of these numbers has fluctuated some. So to drop to only 12 mil was quite a decrease....and I can't help but wonder about the fever? Or should we allow more days of abstinence? A weird fluke and SA's are just completely unpredictable?

There seem to be so many unknowns in the world of MFI. We are thankful for the good news we received, my body's response to the meds, and are hoping and praying for a positive test next week! And if not, we will try again with a new batch of sperm that could be significantly different from this one. We are hopeful either way!


***

Pre-wash SA:
Count: 10 mil/ mL (I think)
Volume: 3 mL
Motility: 38%
Total motile: 11.4 million

Post-wash SA:
Count: 5.75 mil
Motility: 56%

16 comments:

Missy said...

I think those numbers are great. This could really be your chance. Good luck

A said...

Gosh, I am praying that we can be pregnancy buddies :) I am probably triggering tomorrow AM!!! Please Lord turn your face to us!

ASHELY said...

congrats girl! my prayers are with you and your DH that this is it for you! you and I have been following each others journies for sometime now! I hope this is your cycle! gl.

Jess said...

Congrats hon! I can't wait for your 2ww to be over! Keep yourself busy and hopefully in two weeks, you have a great post!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Melis.sa said...

I'll be here with you during these two weeks and i'm praying for a blazing bfp then!!

gringa78 said...

Best, best, best of luck Hil!! Fingers crossed for you! After tomorrow, we'll be in the 2WW together...I hope it's our LAST!

Kelli said...

Praying for you and hoping the next 2 weeks go by quickly and end with a BFP! I'll know tomorrow if I get to join you in the 2ww!

TreasureHunter said...

Good luck!!!

Hubby has his SA next week and we were told to abstain at least 3 days before.

Melissa G said...

Congratulations on the improvements. We just had our IUI yesterday too!

Hoping this finally it for both of us.

Best wishes!

Erica said...

Oh man! And the wait begins....

Thinking of you girl and sending you a giant cyber hug. :)

Michelle said...

Congrats .. hope the wait goes fast! Good luck ... got my fingers crossed for you! Stop by my blog for an award that I gave your blog!

~ michelle

Jess said...

Check out my blog! You have an award!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

A baby for Al? said...

Thinking good thoughts and prayers your way! I hope this is it for you!!

Waiting said...

Praying that the two weeks will go fast and the results will be exciting! You have an award on my blog!

Itsavaricowhat said...

Congrats girl! Those numbers are fab, I am glad to hear it went smoothly.

Infertility is Hard said...

I'm praying for you Hillary! I hope this is your month. It's wonderful that you have hope. I have no doubt that all things are possible. Thinking of you and praying for a lot of peace during this two week wait. :-D