Monday, October 19, 2009

New strategy

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and randomly felt like my bre.asts were not as sore. I laid awake in bed for awhile sad and on the verge of tears, feeling like I was already "out" for this cycle.

In the morning as I got out of bed, they painfully reminded me that they are still, indeed, nice and tender. Resume blind hopefulness.

However, as obvious as it is, this little lesson reminded me that symptoms cannot tell me if I am pregnant. Nor can the lack of symptoms tell me I am not. I can't stress about everything my body is or is not doing.

Of course, I still had sad, stressful, and hopeful moments today that relate to this pending pregnancy test thing. But I am trying to pray when anxious thoughts fill my mind.

And I am going to wait until Thursday to test, if my period has not arrived by then. I will be 13 days past ovulation and will be able to feel fairly certain the test will be accurate. If it is negative, I will only have one day to wait to confirm those results and then stop the progesterone.

I am praying for the rest of you in this craziness that is the two week wait! Hang in there!

21 comments:

Nicole said...

You've received an award!

www.aicfollowers.blogspot.com

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

Thinking of you! The 2ww is such a rollercoaster :-)

Betty Rubble said...

One day at a time :) And there are ONLY 2 left!

Hugs, and best wishes as we trudge to Thursday!!!

gringa78 said...

Thinking of you, Hilary! I'm hoping for great news on Thursday. Fingers and toes crossed for you. Hang in there.

Melis.sa said...

Hoping that the next two days go by quickly with a positive test on thursday morning :)

Leah said...

The wait is horrible. . . I remember so well. You are so right though. . . the symptoms won't be able to tell you much because everyone's experience with early pregnancy is so different and unique. Hang in there Hillary. :-D

Kate said...

Hang in! Thinking of you!

Hope said...

Hang in there...it is almost over! I am hoping and praying that this one is it!

WantWait&Pray said...

I'm thinking of you. What I did, in the 2ww was keep reminding myself that the progesterone side effects mimick pregnancy symptoms. So...that sort of tricked my mind into not looking for any signs or symptoms because if I did feel anything (sore breasts, fatigue) it was most likely the progesterone.
It actually helped me...because it helped me not to obsess about every little pain or twinge.
You're doing great...I just thought I'd pass along what helped me get through those tough days of waiting.

Praying for you sweetie!

Mrs. Hammer said...

I like the new strategy as I'm starting to go crazy waiting for next Tuesdsay already. Hang in there! I have an award for you on my blog.

entrusted said...

I always found comfort during the 2ww by reminding myself that I simply did not know if I was pregnant or not, but that God did know and I could trust him with that knowledge.

::andreajennine::

Melissa G said...

Always good to have a new strategy. I am constantly revising plan of action...

Still crossing my finger for you. Hang in there.

Thank you for you thoughtful comment on my blog.

One Who Understands said...

Your wait is alomst over!! Really praying for you this cycle.

A baby for Al? said...

Those last few days are the worst. Hoping you get the elusive positive this cycle. Thinking of you!

Courtney said...

Hang in there, you're almost there. I'll be praying for you on Thursday. I really hope you see your BFP!

jones said...

nearly to Thursday. sending so many positive thoughts your way!!

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

Ohh the 2ww stinks! I know!!! If it makes you feel any better, with my last 2ww...I had absolutely no symptoms! Nothing at all! And I was pregnant! It just goes to show you that you never know! I am praying that this next 2ww I will be having shortly will go by fast and I will end up pregnant again- this time for 9 months instead of 1.

Jendeis said...

Thanks for this reminder to stop analyzing and to try to take each new thing as it comes.

Praying for both of us to have good outcomes. :)

Kelli said...

I'm thinking Thursday,too. But my beta isn't until MONDAY!! So we'll see. I am praying for you and all of the craziness involved in the 2ww! We're almost there!

addingtothepack said...

I hope today flew by for you, I hate counting down the wait. Good luck on Thursday!

Mary said...

So excited for you, Hillary. Thursday is so close. And, actually, if you test with fmu then you really only have to make it through tomorrow.

Can't wait! I'll be checking your blog all day:)