Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I triggered!

Today I found myself locked in the single-user bathroom at work, reconstituting a vial of HCG. Just before I stabbed my stomach with the needle, somebody jiggled the door knob as they tried to enter the restroom to use it in a more conventional way. "I'll be just a minute!" I called, and then stabbed myself with an ease and efficiency that amazed me. This was my third injection, and they really are pretty simple.

Thank you all for sharing your own shot stories, tips, and encouragements as I mastered this new skill!

I'm triggered and set to go! This morning my two lovely follicles that the RE thinks will ovulate were at 19mm and 18mm. I had two more under 16mm that he said wouldn't make it, which is a good thing in this case. My lining was at 9 and triple striped. Can you tell I'm excited?!

Now, the final element that is unknown will be DH's SA tomorrow. I am slightly nervous for 3 reasons: 1. DH's SA's have never been great, especially the motility. 2. DH had a fever back in June, so if it does negatively effect his sperm this is the window of time in which that would happen. 3. I thought our IUI would end up being later in the day on Thursday, so we had s.ex last night. Now that only leaves a 34 hour gap between ej.aculates.

BUT, while I do have these thoughts in the back of my mind, I can honestly say I am not worried. I am trusting God, and I think as long as we have more than 2 million post wash sperm I will be thrilled with this cycle. And if we have less than that, I will still seek to be content and trust the Lord, although I may cry a little. :)

IUI, here we come!

26 comments:

Shanny said...

Yay for being triggered! Good luck with this IUI! Crossing my fingers tightly =)

A said...

Great job with the trigger! I hope I can trigger on CD10, too...since Mr. A will be out of town starting CD13!!

addingtothepack said...

Good luck! It sounds like everything is falling into place, hopefully the SA will tomorrow as well.

Amanda said...

Sounds like things are falling wonderfully into place!

Rachel said...

2 good follies is great! Crossing my fingers for your IUI!

Jendeis said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Good luck!

Mary said...

Wow, that's awesome! Here's hoping for a fantastic SA tomorrow to compliment your lovely follicles.

Life Happens said...

Yay for triggering! Sending good vibes your way! Will be praying too!

A baby for Al? said...

Glad things are going looking good. Good luck!!

Kelli said...

I triggered, too!! YAY!!! :)

We're going to have to get our little summer babies together for a playdate next fall!

Jess said...

I'm so proud of you-good job with the trigger! Good luck, I'm praying that this IUI leaves you with a baby!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Lin said...

Yay for the trigger! Can't wait to hear about the SA tomorrow! I'm sure it'll be great!

Rach said...

Very exciting news!! Many blessings!!

entrusted said...

Excited for you! We always were told 36 hours was a good window between "action" for the husband, so your timing sounds fine to me.

::andreajennine::

Courtney said...

Oh the things us infertiles do in hopes of getting pregnant! :-)I'm praying for you, girl!

Betty Rubble said...

I think your twin feelings will be coming true...but for you, not I :) WOO HOO!!!b

finding_ac said...

yay!! that is so exciting!! i am right behind you and that i LOVE!!! Hopefully the lord blesses us both!

♥ ac

Missy said...

good luck!

Melis.sa said...

BEST OF LUCK!!!! Praying that the IUI's are a success!!!!!!!

MRS.B said...

*SO* excited for you!! Now come on lil swimmers you can do it!!! I'll be thinking about you!

elle said...

I think it's awesome that you are still trusting God through all of this, that's something I'm working on myself. I hope you won't have any reason to cry this cycle and this will do it for you!

JackieMac said...

Good Luck!!!

jones said...

sounds like a very hospitable home! thinking of you!!

RachieD said...

I can almost feel your excitement! Quite a comedy image of you in the ladies room, with a queue at the door too.
Good luck with this one, its looking good so far xx

barrenandbelieving said...

yay! yay! yay!
Praying for those little sperm to swim well!

ryanandjoesmom said...

Sending prayers for this cycle! Continue to put all that worry behind you and focus on the positive! Great follicle numbers!!!!