Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our date to the RE is tomorrow

Tonight, I'm feeling all those happy anticipation feelings because TOMORROW (Sept. 10) is our consultation with the new RE. I'm upbeat and talkative, and I'm excited that the "big day" is here.

Of course, I am just excited to be doing something on the infertility front. We're that much closer to doing another treatment cycle, which I hope and pray means we're that much closer to having a baby. This is a step forward in the right direction.

If I think about the RE appointment itself for too long, however, I can start to feel that nervous knot in my stomach. With all of the anticipation for the appointment also comes all the unknowns that can make me anxious: What will the doctor be like? And his staff? The office? What will he say to us? Will we actually want to use him as our doctor? Will he say our situation is dismal?

Sooo...I'm trying not to think too much about our actual appointment. I'm just happy that we get to take a half day off work (two hour drive round trip + at least an hour long appointment = not worth going back to work). We get to enjoy the time in the car together, and then DH's parents are meeting us for dinner after the appointment, since we'll be only a half hour away from their house. All fun things I'm looking forward to-- it's like a date. :)

Since we're staying down there for dinner, I won't get to update all of you until pretty late tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll at least have something to tell you about! At my first appointment with the last RE, I felt like he had nothing to say and nothing really happened at the appointment. I'm praying DH & I both feel 100% about whether or not to go with this doctor -- and that that answer will be yes!

11 comments:

Mary said...

You always have such a great attitude. You make me smile. I can't wait to hear how things go tomorrow...I'm sure it will be great.

Sumer said...

Good luck at your appointment! I will be thinking of you!

Kelli said...

So excited for you guys!! I hope you leave there with a peaceful feeling and confidence about moving forward. Love ya!

Ps. Fortunately they stopped passing the same bear around a few years ago...now everyone gets their own new bear! :)

addingtothepack said...

Good luck! I hope that this RE proves to be one that you are comfortable with and that the appointment goes well today.

c by the sea said...

good luck! i hope everything goes well and you come out with a great plan.

Courtney said...

Yay! I hope the appt. goes well and that you leave with a sense of confidence about this new RE. I'm praying for you!

barrenandbelieving said...

Can't wait to read your update and hope you have a kind, personable doctor that is really great at explaining things. Good Luck!

WantWait&Pray said...

Yay! Saying prayers for you and can't wait to hear how it went!!!

entrusted said...

Praying for good things and hoping for a good report, when you have a chance!

finding_ac said...

yes..i am praying that it all works out for you tomorrow- i hope that you keep me in your prayers as well, too...cause we are seriously thinking of changing doc's cause i feel ignored when i am having major issues.

thanks

♥ ac

Melis.sa said...

I hope your appt went fabulous and that you and your dh had a lovely date. :)