Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Normalcy

Life feels rather normal right now. Almost like I'm not infertile...

Work is moving along at a nice pace and is not stressful at the moment. The work situation that gave me some anxiety last month just resolved itself this week....and nothing is changing with my position. I feel a lot of relief about that and am happy things are continuing as they were for the time being. Now things can change on my schedule when I get pregnant. :)

Our youth ministry Bible study groups have resumed this week, and this is such a wonderful thing to occupy my time and help me not get so self-focused about my infertility. It also is nice to get back into the routine of things in general, and I LOVE my girls. It was such a treat to be with them on Monday night, and is amazing to see them maturing as young women AND in their faith. They are in 10th grade now!

I ovulated on cycle day 10, which seems to be my new norm. So the cycle is progressing as expected, and I imagine the spotting will start any day now. DH & I decided that I would not take the progesterone supplements. I have no idea which med caused me not to ovulate and spot for the entire cycle following my IUI, and I don't want to risk a repeat of that when we're so ready to move forward with another treatment cycle.

Nothing too exciting. Life is good. How are you?

15 comments:

Melis.sa said...

I'm glad to hear that things are good and getting back into routines you love is always good. I am so hopeful for you and your next RE cycle :) ((HUGS))

Jess said...

Looks like things are looking up for you!

I guess wellsphere was a scam because after your post, I emailed them and 10 minutes later they removed the blog I had written and I got an e-mail saying I was no longer with them, lol! :) thanks for the heads up!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Betty Rubble said...

Isn't normal FABULOUS!

I love your attitude. You go girl!

WantWait&Pray said...

Hi hun. I'm glad to hear that things are feeling "normal" for you lately...isn't that a breath of fresh air? I am getting so excited for you and your DH- new clinic, new meds and new treatment cycle. Will you begin on your next cycle? Is your Dr requiring you do any additional testing?

To answer your question in your post, I'm doing great! Anxiously waiting to hear how my embryo's are doing at the clinic- but doing well. I had a great time of devotion this morning and I'm just very thankful for so much- including my incredibly blogger friends like YOU!

Hannah said...

"Normal" is always welcomed. My husband and I use to work with the youth in our church too. I was over the 12-13 year old girls. I have since been released from that calling and served in the Primary teaching the 6 year olds. When we started this IVF cycle, I asked to be release so that I could focus on myself physically and spiritually (sounds selfish, but I'm really not). I just needed to be attending Sunday school so I could nourish my faith as we go through this cycle.

Life is really good for us right now and I am very blessed. I think we are triggering tonight for retrieval on Saturday. Waiting for the nurse to call this afternoon to confirm everything.

Normal is good!

Courtney said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!

Jendeis said...

Happy to know that things are going well right now. :)

finding_ac said...

normalicy...how sweet, indeed. one of the reasons i love church so much is cause i can forget about my life for a min...i am going on the pathfinders camporee campout with my earliteen class this weekend..9 girls in my tent alone- AHHHHH!!

♥ ac

One Who Understands said...

I love it when life does this! I am so happy you are doing well. Good idea not to take the progesterone. You don't want to mess anything up. Good luck on your next cycle!!

PS Thanks for your comment on my last post. My friend loves to read, so I am going to recommend that book to her.

Leah said...

Sometimes normal can feel so good. Not only that, but it will give your soul a time to rest, because once treatment begins, well, we all know how stressful that can be.

addingtothepack said...

Normal is a nice change. I am glad that the job situation is work itself out, that must be a big relief. I hate when people mess with my plans. ;) Hopefully things will smooth out and you can leave on your own (pregnant!) terms soon!

entrusted said...

Normal is good!

jones said...

glad things are looking up!!

A said...

I am late, but I am good!! I am so glad to hear that you're having a peaceful smooth time right now, too!!

MRS.B said...

Normal is a blessing! So glad you're getting to catch your breath!