Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My consolation prize

Background story: Two years ago at summer camp my friend had an insulated water bottle. It was a billion degrees outside, and yet she always had ice cold water. I was a little jealous, since I had my big ol' plastic water bottle that allowed the ice to melt in five minutes flat, and I really only like ice cold water (so prissy, I know). It is difficult for me to actually get myself to drink water at room temperature or warmer. And quite honestly, I just don't drink that much water.

Fast forward to summer camp this year. It's the night before we leave and DH and I are rushing around to pack. I then said, "Hey, if we have time, can we go look for an insulated water bottle?" DH looked at me like I was crazy and said we already had 4 water bottles. We never went to get one, probably because we ran out of time.... or was that really a conspiracy by my DH who didn't think I should get one?

Ever since camp, I've brought up this water bottle from time to time as a bit of an inside joke.

I have a headache tonight....I probably didn't drink enough water today. (insert significant look)


You know, if I ever get pregnant, I'm supposed to drink a lot of water....it would be so much more enjoyable to do that with an insulated water bottle.


Wow, it's hot today. Too bad I can't drink cold water at work.

It escalated to the point that, during my IUI #1 cycle, I emailed DH and told him the water bottle would be an excellent way to celebrate being pregnant. And if I wasn't pregnant, it would make an excellent consolation prize. :)

So look what arrived about a week after my negative HPT?!?
The consolation prize: A camelbak stainless steel insulated water bottle

And while I would vow to never have an insulated water bottle if it meant I could have a baby, I must say that I LOVE my water bottle!! It will still have ice in it when I get home at 5, and I really do drink a lot more water than I did previously. And I love that it has a straw. It's awesome.

Even DH loves it and is always asking for sips. :)

21 comments:

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hope.Faith.Patience said...

Nice! I gotta get me one of those :-)

Jess said...

I love it...I might have to look into getting one! I hate warm water!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Betty Rubble said...

What a sweet husband!

Enjoy your bottle!

A said...

That is AWESOME!!! And, you won't have to send it to college in 18 years! (JOKING of course!!! Of course we'd all rather fork over tuition money...Just thought I'd extend the "consolation prize" mindset!!!) Praying for you!

Leah said...

I've never heard of such a fancy water bottle. I am apparently out of the loop. :-D

entrusted said...

Nice! I'm just the opposite with my water; I prefer it without ice and at room temperature.

Courtney said...

Aww, what a sweet husband! Enjoy your new water bottle!

One Who Understands said...

Very nice! I love cold water too and find it hard to drink it warm. I really need one of those!

'Murgdan' said...

Daaaaang! It stays cold that long! Nice. Sorry you needed a consolation prize though.

addingtothepack said...

See, now I might use that to keep my consolation prize alcoholic beverage cold too. :)

I have a non-insulated Camelbak water bottle with straw that I absolutely love and it has led me to drink a lot more water at work (and the straw keeps my computer out of immediately peril from my occasional clumsiness).

A Plus B said...

What a sweet story, and sweet husband. Glad you're able to remind us of the sweet things in life :)

Kelli said...

So nifty!! I'm gonna have to start dropping insulated water bottle hints...I want one!

Amber said...

so neat:) what a great idea I might have to get one so I will drink more water because I also only like water cold:)

strongblonde said...

i love my camelback water bottle....it's great for spin class b/c you can take a drink without getting water all over your face :) i carry it around with me like a blanket. b just shakes his head.... :)

xoxo

Jess said...

I just wanted to answer your question! :) I'm not being monitored by an RE and my OB is great but...I need to move on to an RE. I used another type of ovulation stick and it showed two equally dark lines, so I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating or going to but not 100%. My OB is going to see me tomorrow to confirm.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Those are the best!

jones said...

your husband really wonderful!

Me said...

Your husband is awesome...now I need to think of a good consolation prize. That is a great idea.

barrenandbelieving said...

you are just too cute! I may have to talk with my hubby about this so that is can be my congratulations or consolation prize this month! ;)

Rayne of Terror said...

That's a nifty bottle. I like my nalgene bottles pretty well, but that straw looks awesome.