Friday, September 18, 2009

My blog spot

My friend Melody posted about National Blog Spot Day. Funny thing is, I googled it to link it here, and can't find that it's (un)officially actually a day in the blogging community! lol, Melody, did you create this day? Either way it sounds fun, and maybe we're starting a tradition!? :)

The purpose of the day is to post a picture of the spot from which you blog (in other words, your blog spot) and give your readers a little visual. Now you can all picture me blogging!

Here it is:


Isn't it a cozy little corner? It's my simple little nook. I love to sit in that blue chair with my netbook on my lap and blog or read your blogs. I also love to sit there to read my Bible, or have an evening cup of tea. I keep a blanket in the basket that I love to wrap around myself in cool evenings. And right next to this chair is our desk with our other computer, so DH & I can compute in parallel. How romantic. :)

Interesting fact about that chair is that it was left in our house by the previous owner during escrow (along with a few other things). Since we knew she had already moved out of state, we offered to get rid of the remaining junk in the house if we could keep it and a blue dresser we have in our guest room. So for a little legwork to clean out the last few remaining items (which wasn't too much), we got a couple pieces of furniture for free.

If you'd like to, please share your blog spot...and let me know in the comments that you did so I can check it out on your blog!

16 comments:

Melody said...

Oops, I didn't do a great job of communicating
that I really just made that day up. Sorry! I just
thought it would be fun and interesting.

Love your "blog spot"! Thanks for playing along
and posting your spot.

Lindsey Dueck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waiting said...

What a cozy spot! Even better it was free! My spot is not nearly as cozy as yours!

Kelli said...

Quite a cozy spot! As I said on Melody's page, my blog spot needs to be organized before it is caputered on camera!! :)

Mrs. Hammer said...

What a cozy little spot! We'll have to get the computer fully functional before I can post a pic. What a fun idea for a new blog tradition :)

MRS.B said...

What a sweet idea! You're spot does look very cozy...and free you can't beat that!

Rose's Daughter said...

I love the idea, and I love your "blogspot"! It looks so comfortable and cozy! I want one!!

Here from ICLW

lowfatlady said...

That chair looks so comfy. I am surprised the previous owner left it. Score for you :)

ICLW

Circus Princess said...

What a great spot you've got. Mine is painfully boring compared to yours Think office, gray chair, paper mess etc. really not even worth posting a picture of :-)

Gina said...

Looks like a super cozy spot!

~Ifer said...

I want a chair like that! I blog mostly from my office desk at work, so nothing that cozy or exciting at all...

Rain Child said...

Ahh, the blog spot. I don't have one! Usually I blog from the couch, but sometimes from bed, and even others from the floor. Yours looks really comfy! I love it when comfort and utility go hand-in-hand.


Have a great day!

ICLW

Dot said...

WOW ! I wish my blog spot looked like that...so comfy and cozy !

~ICLW

Lynn said...

Oooh, that does look very cozy! I like the idea that you and your DH can simultaneously compute! Works wonderful :D

~ICLW~

Kim said...

Looks like a great spot to blog! Don't have a photo but I am usually just sitting at the dining room table, not very interesting or comfy!

stb said...

Great blog spot! My blog spot is on the couch, usually surrounded by tons of laundry :-)