Saturday, September 5, 2009

A milestone: My first anovulatory cycle

My period arrived today on cycle day 20...giving me a 19 day anovulatory cycle. As far as I know, this is my first one ever. How's that for a milestone? And to celebrate, I will share this momentous chart with you:



I haven't charted much in last year....ever since we got our MFI diagnosis and each had surgery, it didn't seem necessary, and then with the RE I was being monitored. But I must say I am so glad I charted this cycle -- otherwise I would have been even more lost and confused than I already was with all the spotting.

As you can see, I took a number of OPK's in case my body was still going to figure out how to ovulate despite the spotting. However, not listed on the chart are the two HPT's I took out of desperation. They were not hope filled tests with sad endings; instead, they were science experiments to rule out one reason why my temps were so high the whole cycle (my normal pre-ovulation temperature is below 97.4, and this chart started at 97.7).

Anyway, onward and upward. It's a new cycle and I am glad to put that one behind me.

The only downside? A relatively big downside? I will now be on cycle day 6 at our appointment with the new RE, which is too far into the cycle to do anything. When my LP lasted forever during the IUI cycle, I was so relieved to know that I would at least be on cycle day 3 or earlier at this appointment (according to my calculations). And then when I wasn't ovulating early this cycle, I thought that cinched the deal. Don't people need to take pills to get their period when they don't ovulate? That was what I was hoping, at least.

So it looks like I will have to sit another cycle out. I cried about this and DH & I prayed together. God knew I would get my period today. God has a reason. And it might be something as crazy as me getting pregnant on the break cycle between treatments....or it might be something I will never know or understand. But I believe God has a purpose in everything, and although my heart is sad to have to wait, my eyes look up to wait expectantly on the Lord.

13 comments:

Jess said...

What a great post! I'm so sorry that your last cycle was a bust and this one came too early so now you'll have to wait but I do know that God has bigger and better things for you...things you and I can't even imagine and when he feels it is time, you will be so overjoyed! I truly mean it! I'm very impressed with how faithful you are!

As for my blog, I will let you know when I get some feedback. My good friend called me today and thanked me for writing the blog because she knows we've been trying but didn't know what to say to me. She says she now understands and even researched pregnancy and IUI. She was full of information. I'm going to go back to my blog and ask for those who pray to pray for us...I'm sorry I missed that. I truly believe without God, we will never be parents...I have so much faith in him.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

Ugh...that's not a milestone you look forward to. I know it seems like everything is going wrong, but you are so right - God DOES have a reason. And I really hope it is a break cycle pregnancy!!!

Melis.sa said...

I'm sorry about this cycle.

with annovulatory cycles you may spot or have break through bleeding or you might not get a period at all. that's the fun part about having cycles like that :) gah.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers with the new RE.

((HUGS))

finding_ac said...

it is so HARD to wait on the Lord sometimes...i have to say that i am proud of you for being so even tempered about it-your better than i, in that nature. I think i have yelled at both my husband and God i cant even remember how many times in the last two years in my "mad infertile" rage. hormones mess you up, and it is neat to see someone handeling this situation with humbleness and grace.

...its a bit of an inspiration.

♥ ac

Betty Rubble said...

I'm so very sorry :(

Good luck with the new RE.

Hugs.

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm sorry, you have devastatingly wonky cycles. I really hope this new RE is a good one, because it's hard to sit back and watch you put up with all this junk.

Sorry the timing will be off, but it might end up working out in the long run... he may have want to do some testing or something before he starts you on a cycle.

Waiting said...

Ugh, wonky cycles are sucky. I am going to start charting now. I just borrowed the book "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" from a friend, and it is quite interesting so far. I just started reading it, but I would recommend it to anyone who is TTC. Maybe you have already read it, if so, sorry for the useless info. Praying that God will bless you with an in between IUI pregnacy!

Indy said...

I love your last sentence. I am sorry that you are going through this. I am confident He will use it for His glory.

MK said...

"Don't people need to take pills to get their period when they don't ovulate?"

Nope, not at all. I rarely ovulate on my own but I still get my period like clockwork every 28 days.
Also, have you heard of Soy Isoflavones? (sorry, I hope I don't sound stupid because you might know all this already. if so, just ignore me!:) ) Anyway, Soy Iso works like Clomid, except it's natural. You take them days 1-5, 3-7, or 5-9 for ovulation. I used them when we moved and didn't have an RE yet to give me a Clomid prescription, and they worked!

strongblonde said...

arg!! i hated ff b/c it would always point out the stuff that i didn't really want to know. i'm not ovulating? thanks for letting me know, ff!

i really hope that the RE has some sort of insight. you know, that you walk in and they say, "we see this ALL the time...all we have to do is x, y, z"

xo

Leah said...

I'm so sorry about your anovulatory cycle. That really stinks. :-( Thinking of you.

jones said...

bah. hoping that the new doctor will have some answers!!

Tabitha said...

Waiting sure isn't easy, but you've got the right attitude! I'm praying for plenty of strength for you my dear!