Monday, September 28, 2009

And we're off!

She's here, she's here! AF arrived today! I called the RE's office and they want me to come in tomorrow (cycle day 2). I wonder why that day rather than 3? I actually feel better about coming in earlier since I ovulate so darn early....I feel like each day REALLY counts. Maybe my body will trick them with a lower E2 than I would have had on cycle day 3, hehe. :)

Tomorrow begins my regular treks down to the RE (about 2 and a half hours round trip). I'm not looking forward to getting up extra early, driving, and getting in later to work. But it's worth it and fortunately my job is incredibly flexible.

I got two things that will hopefully help improve these commutes. One is that I recently (and finally) purchased a bluetooth headset to go with my cell phone. This past January they passed a law here in CA that you have to use one of these to talk on your phone while driving....but I never got one. And, er, I never talked on my phone while driving. :) So now I can {easily, safely, and legally} call DH after each appointment....and whoever else wants to talk to me early in the morning. Secondly, this afternoon I went to the library and got an audiobook -- The Memory Keeper's Daughter. It looks like it might be a tear jerker, which is a risky choice considering I will be hyped up on fertility drugs and plain dealing with infertility, but the selection was rather slim and I've heard good things about it. And if I'm crying in the car at least I'll just be driving by myself.

I'm so excited! Here we go!

15 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

You can go in anytime between CD 2-5 believe it or not...5 seems late to me and I would FREAK if I ever went in that late...but 2 just gives you an extra day to "cook"

GOOD LUCK! TONS OF SUPPORT! And plenty of hugs on this journey!

Memory Keeper's Daughter was SUPER good. Tears yes, but one that's a must read or in this case listen :)

A said...

Oh, yes, that book is great!!! It is definitely emotioal, but I imagine it'll be a great audio book!

Sumer said...

YAY! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!

Amanda said...

It always ended up being more convienient for me to go in on day 2 than day 3 so I always did. I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Well, hope the blood work and u/s go well and you catch that egg this time!

TheDales said...

Yep...I've gone in on days 2,3 and 4 and haven't had a problem.

Good luck with this round! Sending tons of good vibes for multiple mature follies and for a little one in the end!

Jess said...

Good Luck this cycle! I'm praying that this is your last one! That is gret that your job is flexible! I can't wait to see what your RE says.

As for the memory keeper's daughther, that is a must read! I loved that book and crying is good for the soul! :)

babyparamore.blogspot.com

jones said...

Best of luck!!! I'll be thinking of you tons.

entrusted said...

Hooray! I, too, have done "day 3" labs on days 2-5, so it's totally normal to go in on day 2.
::andreajennine::

Michelle said...

Good Luck! I've read Memory Keepers daughter, I agree with Betty a tear jerker, but a great book!

Leah said...

YAY! So excited that your cycle is a go. I hope and pray this is the one for you and your husband! :-D

Courtney said...

Yay!!! So excited for you! I really hope that this one works and you get your miracle baby soon!

I'm praying for you.

Tabitha said...

How exciting! I'm praying for you my dear!

Melody said...

Excited for you and still praying!!!

Melis.sa said...

screaming good luck!!!!!!!

addingtothepack said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck!