Monday, August 3, 2009

Slow...

I have been reading a lot about different RE's in the area and am feeling positive about making the change. Thank you so much for all of your advice and input!! All of your comments helped me to feel more assured that I am doing the right thing for our situation. Plus, the thought of stepping foot again in my current office fills me with dread....which is a definite motivator to get out of there!

All of this RE drama has been a decent distraction in the midst of my two week wait. However, time does seem to be moving very slowly. I guess that is just the nature of the tww, but I don't feel like I have experienced a "real" one in a long time. I must have forgotten how long they are.

I am 5dpIUI (4dpo, I think) and know that even if I *did* get blessed with a pregnancy this cycle, it is too early to experience any symptoms. I have had my fair share of "symptoms" in previous cycles that only led to the arrival of my period, and with the introduction of clomid and an HCG shot this cycle, I know any "symptoms" could be related to that. I am trying very hard not to think about anything my body is doing. (But, ok, I will say I've been really tired the last 2 days and today my stomach feels a little queasy. But, like I said, I know it can't mean anything. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice these things.) It's extra cruel that these drugs can cause side effects that are all too similar to pregnancy, don't you think?

One positive thing is that I have not started spotting yet! My spotting usually begins within the 3-7 dpo window, so I have made it a couple days and hope to make it many more. I am going to call the RE to get a lab slip for a 7dpo progesterone test. Other than that, it should be a pretty uneventful week.

15 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

A booster shot of HCG helps with the spotting too! But it sounds like even w/one your on your way!

You go girl!

ASHELY said...

I tagged an award for you on my page. Please check it out!

Jess said...

I'm so glad you are getting out of there! YAY...no spotting, what great news! Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way...hoping to see a post about your BFP!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Waiting said...

That IS cruel to have side affects similar to signs of pregnancy!! Praying that this time will be your turn! :)

Melis.sa said...

i know, it is such a mind tease to have symptoms similar to early pregnancy. :) Here's hoping you get a bfp in a few days!!

the TWW is sooo long for me too since i only have them once in a while. :)

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you're feeling good about your decision to switch RE's! Praying so hard for you this week and hoping for a BFP!

c by the sea said...

hopefully changing RE's won't be necessary because you'll need an OB.

Here's hoping!

hopeful #1 said...

IUI's play such mind games with you while you are waiting... more so than when you are trying on your own. As hard as it's going to be... just wait it out. Until you've at least crossed over when you were supposed to start! Just distract yourself from testing and all of that... it's VERY hard, as I've done it 3 times, but so much more worth it!

Good luck!

One Who Understands said...

Not wanting to ever go back is good motivation to get out of there!

I had terrible "symptoms" when I was on Clomid. The first month I was also charting my temp and even that didn't go down once AF arrived. Even my OB thought that maybe I had miscarried. Nope, just the stupid Clomid. Wishing you much better luck.

Infertility is Hard said...

So glad you aren't spotting, and I hope you don't at all. Spotting is another cruel joke as I know so many women who spot to end up pregnant. It is so frustrating that every single symptom could be pregnancy. . . or could not be a pregnancy. Whew! I don't know how we do it! :-D

I'm glad you have a certain amount of peace looking for new RE's. :-D

Jess said...

Thank you so much for your comment...it was very sweet and cheered me up. You're right, I can't give up. If we throw in the towel and give up, well, I'll never have our baby that way. But yes, some days are so hard. Thank God I have you girls and your cyber hugs...makes life a lot easier!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

There's an award for you on my blog. I'm hoping this all works out for you!!!
xoxoxo
~Michelle

Mrs. Hammer said...

I'm so glad to hear the spotting is staying away. I will be praying that this is your month!

Shanny said...

Good luck, hopefully the spotting stays far far away! I agree that the s/e of these drugs are so cruel, I'm 9dpo and pulling my hair out, I had clomid, hcg shot and I'm on prog supps. This is crazy.
HOpe this is your cycle.
(found you on TTTC)

jones said...

Hurray for no spotting!!! Hoping so much for you and your husband.