Thursday, August 6, 2009

Positive & negative

The Positive:
  • I'm done with 1 week of my two week wait. For me that feels like climbing uphill, and now I'm on the downward slope approaching the end.
  • NO SPOTTING! I made it to 7dpo without spotting, which is the farthest I've made it in the last year and a half. If I don't spot tomorrow it will be a new record.
  • Because of the lack of spotting, I have felt really positive in my tww. Not necessarily in the sense that this cycle will be a BFP (although my mind does go there often), but that maybe we are getting things right. The clomid & HCG shot must have helped, so my ovulation must have been better...DH's sperm were moving fast even if there weren't a lot....things are looking up. If this cycle doesn't work maybe it will just take a few more....
The Negative:
  • My progesterone test today came back low. Talk about putting a damper on all my happy feelings. The level was 8.5, which compares miserably to my unmedicated p4 in January that came in at 8.3. WHY???
  • This has led my mind to go all over the place. Maybe I didn't ovulate when I thought I did. Maybe we did the IUI too early. Maybe my body is just really messed up. Maybe we're out for this cycle already.
  • My hope feels like it has been a little crushed.
The nurse said to start taking progesterone suppositories tonight, so at least we caught it and I can take those to help the situation. Why can't my body get things right?

10 comments:

Kelli said...

I think IF would be somewhat less painful if there weren't so many numbers!! I'm sorry your progesterone test wasn't what you were hoping for, but try to focus on the postives and enjoy the downhill slide this week. Praying for a spot-free Friday and a BFP!

Betty Rubble said...

Don't panic. Something I learned well after the fact of P4 tests is that P4 like LH EBBES!

So it is quite possible that your level in general is higher, but at that particular blood draw it was lower.

Either way it tells you YOU OVULATED! That is GREAT! Anything over 5 means ovulation! You're not spotting! GREAT! Hubby had sperm! EVEN BETTER!

Best yes...you're half way through the 2ww!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

A said...

Try not to get down about the progesterone- although I know that is way easier said than done. It sounds like your spotting has been helped by this cycle, and I am so glad this is helping you be more positive this tww!! I will be praying for you!

TheDales said...

Yay!! for no spotting! That is great! Keep your head up - the suppositories should take care of the low number. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Infertility is Hard said...

Yay for no spotting! I know how the spotting can take such a pychological toll.

The supplements will really help your progesterone levels. I know many clinics that give them after IUI regardless of levels.

Good luck in your last week of waiting. :-D

entrusted said...

Like a previous commenter said, anything over 5 means you ovulated, so that's good news. I know the number wasn't what you wanted, but it's not too terribly low. My progesterone level on a natural cycle (where I ovulated, even) was 4.5; on Clomid it was always sky high; then when I switched to injectables, it plummeted again. Who knows why? But the progesterone suppositories will help (although they feel disgusting; sorry).

Mary said...

It's fabulous that you did 'O' and the spotting has stayed away. What I'm wondering is why didn't they have you start the suppositories 2 days after the IUI? I thought that was protocol. Maybe you did and now you are increasing it? Either way, pantyliners are key. Stock up:)

Jendeis said...

Yay for getting through the first week! Praying that everything continues to go smoothly!

Astrid said...

Wow, that is a split scorecard - just goes to show that no matter how very very much we learn about numbers, statistics, and the functions of our own bodies during TTC struggles, you still can't predict the outcome of the TWW. Frustrating, but we're all keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

satto said...

Good luck. No spotting is a GREAT thing.