Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My hormones are crazy

I'm bleeding. Still.

I had a normal, 5 day menstrual cycle. Medium flow ending with light flow. On cycle day 6 I had a very minimal amount of spotting, which can be normal for me as my period comes to an end.

But then cycle day 7 rolled around, and the bleeding started up again. Not as bright red or heavy as a period, but reddish colored and fairly heavy. Ugh.

My brea.sts have remained very sore. My temperatures are way higher than my pre-ovulation temps normally are (they are in the post-ovulation range although I know I haven't ovulated). And today is cycle day 10 and I am still bleeding.

I'm guessing the clomid + HCG trigger + progesterone from last cycle have really thrown my hormones off and that my body is just freaking out. I wasn't expecting this, and as the days drag on I'm getting more and more nervous about it. I debated calling a doctor today, but who would I call? I'm done with the old Dr. RE and I don't meet with the new Dr. RE until September 10. I could try Dr. Ob/Gyn but she seems sort of out of the loop. She's probably the one I would call in a couple days if this continues.

This is very discouraging. When my body acts up it really weighs me down. Please pray that the bleeding would stop and my cycle would resume it's regularly scheduled program!

16 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

I would call your RE. Even though you aren't going to see him again. I know you will call me crazy but they may want a beta blood test to see what is going on.

Jen said...

how frustrating. yeah, i agree, maybe just give the RE a call and see what he says... praying for this to stop!

A said...

WOW- I will be praying that the bleeding stops!! Keep us posted (definitely check with your RE!)!!

Leah said...

Praying that the bleeding stops soon. I know exactly what you mean when you say when your body acts up it weighs you down. I'm the same way. It's so frustrating and it's not something we can escape, which upsets me even more.

Praying your cycles regulate and this bleeding stops.

entrusted said...

That's no fun! I always had unusual periods after medicated cycles, but nothing quite like what you're experiencing. I'll pray... and I do think it would be good to call someone. (Your old RE doesn't know you're leaving yet, right? I'm sure you could call him, since he knows all about the meds you were on...) Did you have any scans at the beginning of this cycle? It could be that you had a cyst (I always got those after being on clomid).

Courtney said...

I'm praying for you. I can tell that my hormones have still been readjusting for the last couple of weeks since our failed IVF cycle. I guess it just takes the body a little while to get back on track and regulate itself properly. I'm sorry you're frustrated. I would definitely call your OB/GYN this week if it doesn't stop. Hopefully she will be able to give you some insight and help.

Deanna said...

I'm experiencing something pretty wacky after a cycle of Clomid + HSG trigger + Progesterone also. I thought I started my period two days early but then it stopped and spotted for four days. This morning I wake up to a full fledged AF two days after she was expected. Very odd. I talked to my RE and he said it was bc of the Clomid. Not sure if that's very reassuring but you're not alone.

Amanda said...

You poor thing, just can't catch a break. My problem is that I don't have a period, but I cannot imagine how maddening and distressing it must be to endure all the spotting and now this extended stay AF.

I'd call the ob/gyn. This kind of thing should be right up her ally and hopefully she'll have a solution for you. (And I would think ins would cover this too.)

The Wife said...

Oh no! I'm sorry things are so out of sorts. I would be tempted to call old Dr. RE just so you could find out what to do.

Erica said...

Yikes! Does your old RE's office know you're done with them? If not, call them. If so, I've got nothing. Well, other than a prayer that the bleeding stops.

Keep me posted.

strongblonde said...

ack! i want this all to stop!!! i agree with erica! :) call the old RE...espec since they know your case and whatnot. then you can wait your time to meet with new RE.

xoxo

Melis.sa said...

Praying that the bleeding subsides.

on my last cycle w/follistim i had a 4 day AF and then on the 5th day nothing all day. after BDing I had a heavy red flow that night all the way into the next day. When I called my RE's office they said that it might take my hormones a day or two to catch up. hopefully that's all that is going on with you. :)

Kelli said...

Ugh, I bet that's discouraging! After no spotting to no stopping! Good grief! I'm praying for you, hun!

MoonNStarMommy said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this :( I hope you stop and/or get in to see the DR soon. {{HUGS}}

-ICLW-

Jess said...

UGH! So sorry to hear! You never seem to get a break! :( I wish I had some other advice for you besides the "call your Dr. and see what he says." Praying, that the bleeding stops soon!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I am sending prayers that your bleeding/spotting stops and that you are able to move forward. I think either your OB or your old RE would be able to put your mind at ease. It's really amazing how those hormones can mess with us.

ICLW