Monday, August 17, 2009

I heart progesterone

Progesterone, progesterone, how I love thee
Let me count the ways!
You made my LP spot free
And kept AF away for many days.
Now, thanks to thee,
I will only miss one cycle before starting treatments with a new RE!

******

In case my poem is difficult to decipher, I have to say that I loved being on the progesterone. Yes, it did make me a bit of a sticky, gooey mess, but it was so worth it. I didn't spot, felt great, and was so very relieved that SOMETHING helped my LP issues.

But the BEST news? The fact that compelled me to write a love poem to the progesterone?!? Well, when I scheduled my appointment with the new RE, the first available date looked like it would be about 7 days into my second cycle after the IUI. In other words, I looked at the calendar and thought I would have to miss TWO cycles before starting treatments again. However, thanks to my beloved progesterone, my LP lasted way longer than expected, and I now think the timing with the new RE will work out to only wait one cycle.

Thank you, progesterone!

20 comments:

K8e said...

I am glad the progestrone worked for you! It is so gross to use but very effective! I hope your new RE is the magic touch you have been waiting for!!!!

Kacy said...

I always get crazy about the timing of TTC and life. And progestrone has worked out well for me eto this cycle so I Heart Progesterone Too!

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I heart progesterone too! Good luck with the new RE!

Kelli said...

Progesterone rocks!! So glad the timing worked out with the new RE! :)

Find joy in every journey said...

Progesterone is a great hormone. It worked for me for over a year and now I take HcG during my luteal phase and I feel good. Glad things are looking up!

Shanny said...

Thats the best love poem to Progesterone I've ever read! :)
Yay for seeing the RE and not having to wait too long after that, good luck!!

Melis.sa said...

Woot woot!! That is fantastic!

Mrs. Hammer said...

yeah progesterone! She has been so good lately a love poem seems quite fitting :)

Leah said...

Progesterone is definitely a wonder drug! I'm so happy it took care of the spotting cause let's face it. . . spotting sucks! :-D

Betty Rubble said...

Fabulous news!

We *might* be cycle buddies...but I think you may be ahead of me...one can dream though

A said...

That is a beautiful poem! I am so glad that it helped the spotting- a friend of mine took it and it didn't help at all! Needless to say, she did not write any poems to progsterone ;-)

Lin said...

WooHoo! WTG you and Progesterone! So glad you won't have to miss two cycles!

entrusted said...

Yay! Always nice to have fewer delays in this business...

addingtothepack said...

I can't say that I love Progesterone quite as much as you do :), but I am so glad that it helped with your LP and spotting issues and is going to (hopefully) get you back in the game sooner with the new RE!

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

This is hilarious! I love it!!! But I must say...I am not sure that I can say back that I love progesterone...girl it made the boobs so sore I could barely move!!!

strongblonde said...

good for progesterone! it's about time that it did something nice for someone!

so glad that you don't have to wait two cycles :)

xoox

Kelli said...

Hey hun! Thanks for you encouraging words and always for your prayers!

We lucked out on the first tropical storm that went up the gulf...just some nasty rain. It looks like "Anne" is weakening, but "Bill" is now a hurricane on it's way towards the states! Right now they're saying it's going to go north...whew! Thanks for thinking of us!! xoxo

barrenandbelieving said...

Finally a break though and some good news! :)

I can't say I share the same warm fuzzies for the hormone though...taking provera makes me SO hormonal. ;)

Mrs Emilee said...

I'm going to start taking Progesterone soon too, and hopefully it makes a diff! So sorry to hear about your struggles!

PS- Have myself an infertility blog too, and happened to stumble upon yours. Hope you don't mind :)

jones said...

ha! I too love progesterone. spot free is the way to be ;) I suppose that rhyming is contagious.