Thursday, August 20, 2009

How to get un-stuck

I have continued to feel burdened by the new potential developments at work at how frustrated I am with where I am in my life. I have been in a blue spell that I haven't been able to shake, and I can tell when I get this way DH doesn't know quite what to do with me.

However, in the midst of it God has given me some sweet encouragements to trust his plan for my life. In all honesty I am not happy about where I am right now... but I can also say in the same breath that if this is where God wants me to be, then this is where I want to be. There is joy no where else for me. He will heal me, restore me, and return my wasted years. He has always been faithful to do all that he as promised.

There is a worship song that I have been listening to by a group called Enter the Worship Circle called All I Need that is based upon the following Psalm. It beautifully depicts heartache and suffering coupled with faith and praise.

2Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;
heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.
3My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O LORD— how long?
Psalm 6:2-3

Tonight, I wait upon the Lord.

18 comments:

A said...

Two more Scriptures that I love that deal with this concept are Ps 119:58 and Job 42:2. I know God will redeem this time of your life- trust in Him!!

Betty Rubble said...

It is a great paradox is it not?

Trust in the Lord, but then be true to ourselves...

This too shall pass.

Leah said...

I hope and pray you get unstuck. And if you figure out how, please pass on your secret.

It's so hard to be patient and trust in His plan. I struggle with that often.

Thinking of you Hillary.

Melis.sa said...

I wish I knew God's plan for all of us. It would make the darker moments lighter, even if just a little bit.

Lin said...

Thank you so much for this post! I've been feeling so bitter lately. I know that there's a plan and that it will all make sense to me someday. But, I'm having trouble making sense of it right now. As I'm writing this comment David Cook's "Time of My Life" is playing on my radio. Kind of feels like a reminder of the same.

So, anyway, thanks for reminding me to keep trying to find peace on this path. (((HUGS))) I'll be praying for your peace, too!

Erica said...

The state of limbo you're in right now is a very difficult one. I'm glad that you are finding some peace in God and I hope that you get out of this "place" soon.

**HUG**

Hannah said...

Sometimes it's hard not knowing what the big picture holds, but if we keep believing in God, He will show us, bit by bit.

Hope you get 'unstuck'soon. :)

Courtney said...

I feel for you. I know how hard it is to wait for God's plans and His timing. Keep your eyes focused on Him and I know He will get you through. I'm praying for you! ((HUGS))!

Kelli said...

I'm waiting with you. I haven't posted in a while b/c I'm feeling so blue. Your attitude and scriptual references are really what I need to hear and definitely what I need to remember. Thank you and I'm praying for you!

Belinda said...

I have no great words of encouragement except to keep trusting in the one who is Faithful and True and whose plans are so good in the end. I'm so glad that you have faith, even though sorely tested.

God bless you both.
Belinda
ICLW

The Unproductive One said...

I hope the path that you're meant to take makes itself known to you sooner rather than later and that you do not incur any stumbles once upon that said path.

ICLW

WiseGuy said...

Hoping the blue spell goes away!


ICLW

Mary said...

Thinking about you:)

Melody said...

You have an amazing faith and trust. I'm
praying for you!

Blog Stalker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanna said...

I'm not sure how I found your blog (I'm a confessed blog stalker though, sorry) but I'm so glad I did. I'm struggling with the same feelings. Thanks for the encouraging words. I needed it!

Lisa RM said...

You have so much strength in your faith. It's refreshing.

Kristin said...

I'm sorry you are in such a rough spot. That is truly a beautiful song.

~ICLW