Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We made it: IUI was this afternoon!

I have felt so incredibly stressed, tense, and unhappy these last 24 hours -- I just wanted to make it to the IUI and GET IT DONE! It was crazy trying to schedule it today. They only had ONE appointment available at 3:30pm, and my DH was LEADING a meeting from 2:30-3:30, and then in a meeting from 3:30-5:00. I called DH crying and asked if there was anything he could do to come home and provide the sample. He ended up telling his work that something came up and he had to run home briefly. When he got home I tried to tell him to go fast without pressuring him (is that possible?). He made me laugh by responding, "Sure, Mrs. I-can't-pee-under-pressure. This should be a piece of cake!" I love how he makes me laugh.

Good news: DH's sperm were moving fast after the wash!!

Bad news: There weren't that many. She likes to see at least 50 on a slide, but she only saw 20 (but they were moving fast!). She also saw white blood cells, which I've never seen on any of DH's SA reports. Huh.

I was also disappointed that she didn't have the equipment to do an actual SA and tell me the pre-wash and post-wash numbers. So I have no idea what "20 on a slide" correlates to...was that 10 mil post wash? 500,000 post wash? No idea. Maybe it's just as well I don't know that information so I can't google it to death...although in the future it seems kind of important to know, don't you think?

The NP had me lay down for 15 minutes after the IUI. I sent DH a text and told him that I loved him and was praying that we were making a baby right now. I also told him his sperm were moving fast after the wash -- that should make his day!

As I texted him and prayed I laid there with silent, relieved, and somewhat happy tears sliding down my cheeks and landing with loud plops on the paper sheet. I am happy and thankful the sperm were moving. I am happy and thankful we were able to do an IUI. I am praying this is our miracle.

Thanks for all of your support, ladies!! I feel like I couldn't do this without you.

xxoo

29 comments:

Rambler said...

Hold onto that faith! So happy to see you managed the IUI today. May the next 10-14 days zoom by and the frustration of this cycle pass quickly. :)

Mary said...

You have been on my mind all day, hon. I'm so happy that today went well. The last couple of days sounded so difficult and you just didn't deserve that. That's awesome that you had a big, fat follicle all ready to go though!
I'm don't pray often, but I will for you tonight. I hope those cells are dividing as we speak.
Night!

Kelli said...

Go swimmers!! I know the past few days have been just horrible for you and I am glad the IUI is done and you are PUPO!! Praying for a speedy 2ww and a BFP!

Astrid said...

YAY for the super swimmers! I hope this is it for you. Good luck finding fabulous non TTC related things to focus on during the TWW!

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

yay! Wishing you all the best and a BFP! Sorry yesterday was so crappy. I hope your 2ww goes great and you get to do lots of relaxing :-)

'Murgdan' said...

Thinking of you....good luck!

The Swann's said...

Praying that a baby is indeed growing inside you! :-) Can't wait to hear how this next two weeks goes for you...

A said...

I'll be praying for you! I'm sorry that your first IUI was so stressful (though your DH's pee-under-pressure joke was hilarious!), but I hope you won't need another one!!

Jen said...

oh GLGLGL! i'm sorry it had to be such a stressful experience. it's stressful enough as it is! so glad DH was able to run home real quick!!! praying this is the only IUI you ever have to do!

Betty Rubble said...

Good luck honey!

Can't wait to hear that you are pregnant!

Missy said...

I'll be thinking of you and waiting along with you. I hope this is your miracle.

Infertility is Hard said...

Congrats on making it to the IUI. :-D I hope you can find peace in the 2 week wait you have ahead of you. :-D

Amanda said...

I'm sorry about all the troubles with your clinic and just getting the IUI scheduled, but I'm really glad you were able to go through with it. I hope you have a winner this month.

K8e said...

GL!!!! I hope this works for you guys! :)

Michelle said...

I'm praying this is your miracle too! I've been thinking and praying for you Hillary! I hope this works out for the two of you!! Love ya!
xoxoxo
~Michelle

entrusted said...

Oh, honey. IUIs can be so stressful! Assuming you haven't combed through all my archives, I'm going to send you an email with the story of our first IUI.

MAK-now said...

Good luck, sweetie! I'm praying for you!

strongblonde said...

so excited for you. :) xoxo

One Who Understands said...

Oh what a day!! I would have been in hysterics too. That is kind of strange she didn't give you a number post wash. Oh well, often for us IF ladies it is better not to know so we can't over analyze it. Praying for you on your 2ww.

jeanna said...

GL!!! I hope this is it for you!!! Crossing my fingers that the 2 find each other and you get your LO!!! I will keep you in my prayers these next few weeks!

jones said...

hurray! I'm so excited for you!! swim sperm. swim.

Melody said...

Praying for you guys

addingtothepack said...

Congratulations and good luck!

barrenandbelieving said...

I am so glad that today was better than yesterday. :)

Hope Endures said...

Oh, I so hope this is it for you!! Praying much!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Oh how I will be praying for you the next few weeks. I'm so glad that it was able to work out this time. {{BIG HUGS!!!}}

Indy said...

Do you realize that God has already determined on what day your child will be born? Man, I just did and that is so relieving to know that we don't have to worry about it or work hard trying to make a baby...all we gotta do is have faith and trust that He has it under control (oh and of course, we gotta "practice").

I love you in Christ!

WantWait&Pray said...

Wow, I went away for a week and you MIGHT be pregnant!
Congrats on having a successful IUI hun....praying this is IT for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey... Congrats... We also had IUI on same day 29 July 2009... Now desperately waiting for results...