Thursday, July 23, 2009

Um...we're on!?!

Dr. RE called and said he wants to put me on a medication to boost ovulation this cycle and then do an IUI. Oh.My.Gosh!!! I know it's only a month earlier than expected, but this is so surreal that I am actually going to do a treatment cycle. After knowing you're infertile for almost 9 months without any real action....just testing, surgeries, and waiting...it's strange to finally move forward. Exciting but scarier than expected!!

Ok, so here are the details. First of all, Dr. RE is difficult to get information out of and he seems rather vague. I learned I need to have a list of very specific questions in front of me when I talk to him. However, it was hard to ask all the questions I had swimming around in my head because I was caught off guard with his phone call. Hmph. I did ask about the HSG, and he said I'll do that next week to make sure my tubes are clear before the IUI (if they are not we would cancel the cycle). I asked what he thinks our chances are with an IUI, and he said it will depend how the sperm look after being washed.

So....I think we're looking at this cycle almost like another test. DH's sperm pre-washed don't really move forward....how will they do post wash? And how many will he have? I think those are the big questions, and it's worth it to move forward to get those answers. I am also excited to test MY body on clomid. Will it boost my ovulation, lengthen my LP, and stop my spotting?!

I thought I would be bouncing off the walls excited, but I'm feeling rather stunned. I'm starting clomid today!

30 comments:

Mary said...

Today?! Hillary, that is the best news ever:) You are on your way, hon. Whoo hoo!

Kelli said...

Hil!! I'm so excited for you!! I'm sure that is a lot of info to take in in one day, but the ball is rolling!! Hope the HSG is all clear and your body responds well to the clomid. I have goosebumps for you!! YAY!

Missy said...

That's great you are getting the ball rollling already. I hate there is so much waiting in this process.

Jen said...

this is GREAT news!!! moving forward is a wonderful thing!!!

Betty Rubble said...

What a day for you!

Congrats!

Find joy in every journey said...

I hope it is successful!!

Amber said...

so exciting for the call! I know that clomid helped to lengthen my LP by about 4 days.

Not sure if you are interested or not but they also have Femara as well which doesnt have as bad of side effects with the hot flashes and such but hope this cycle is successful and you dont have to worry about next cycle:)

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

Sounds great...time to get the ball rolling! Thinking of you during this new cycle!

Caroline said...

Congrats on starting your treatment cycle! Keep us updated with how you progress. x

Sumer said...

Congrats on starting sooner then expected!! I will be praying that everything is good with the HCG and sperm (post wash)!! I am excited for you!!

A said...

Wow, good luck!! How exciting!!! I'll be praying!

Michelle said...

Wow! What exciting news. I'm so happy for you. I will be praying the HSG comes back beautifully and clear! :) Good luck Hillary!
~Michelle

The Wife said...

I'm so excited for you! I know that you're thinking this will be another "test" but I hope it all works out. Good Luck!

TheDales said...

I am so excited for you!! I remember back in January when my doctor finally gave us the go ahead to do an IUI and start clomid - it felt so good! You must feel like you're on a high - one step closer to your BFP! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Infertility is Hard said...

Congrats! It must feel really great to finally be moving forward with things. I hope and pray that it works the first time. :-D

WantWait&Pray said...

Oh my gosh, this is so exciting! Congrats hun...praying for you!

Little Bean? said...

This is great! I know how it feels to feel like you are actually going to start "trying" with fertility treatments. It is exciting and a little scarry. Here's hoping this is all you need to get your BFP!

WiseGuy said...

Exciting....wishing you the very best!


ICLW

MAJ Bryen said...

Good luck!!! The HSG should not be too bad! I hate when I get Dr phone calls when I'm not expecting it. I always forget what I want to say...Best wishes & happy ICLW!

andhereweare said...

So exciting!! This is great news.

entrusted said...

Yippee! The beginning of a cycle is such an odd mix of emotions, isn't it? From nervousness to excitement, from "I can't believe we need this treatment" to "Treatment! Yay! We have a better chance!" and everything in between... Praying the best for you!

Jendeis said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you get to get started early!

Have also heard that an HSG can remove small blockages or just open up the tubes enough that you are more likely to get pregnant within the three months after the procedure. Course, it all depends on the MF here, but an IUI may eliminate the issue.

Anyways, I'll be praying for you two.

c by the sea said...

WOO HOO!!

One Who Understands said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise!! Good luck on Clomid. Praying for lots of good eggs and swimmers.

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy ICLW!

Good luck with your cycle! How exciting! Sending you lots of peace. I hope this is IT for you!
*HUGS*

Cassandra said...

Hooray!

My RE treated everything like another test, including IVF.

Best of luck with the cycle!

ICLW

girlykat said...

How exciting to be moving forward. Good luck with the IUI!!
~ICLW~

Mrs. Hammer said...

This is awesome news. One good thing about the HSG is that the liquid they use is also great for sperm to swim around in and it lasts for about three months. So this is a good thing to have done right before an IUI. Oh and take any pain meds they recommend for prior to the HSG, its worth it.

finding_ac said...

geesh hill, look how many comments you got!! i will pray for you if you pray for me...i think we are going to do that this cycle too!

♥ ac

Melody said...

Yahoo!!!!! I'm so excited to hear this great news!