Monday, July 6, 2009

A time of rest

Ever since my sudden sense of hope, I have felt grateful for what feels like an emotional time of rest. Some days and weeks of this infertility journey have been wrought with so much pain & anxiety that are very taxing on my heart, mind, and soul. God has been so good to provide me with moments like these along the way that give me a chance to sit back and enjoy life while infertility is pushed a little further back in my mind.

I am still excitedly waiting for my new cycle to start to we can get the REAL trying-to-conceive show on the road. I had a nineteen day cycle last month, and now I'm on cd 28 waiting for AF to arrive any minute now -- it's crazy.

(And, yes, if you just had the fleeting thought of what if you're pregnant this month, I had that thought, too. I'm ignoring it since we only had s.ex once before I think I ovulated because we were at summer camp. And we weren't supposed to TTC this cycle, anyway. And I have have 28 day cycles before. So, yes, I've thought of that and those are all the reasons I'm pushing that thought aside.)

To answer a few questions I've gotten, we are not doing an IUI this next cycle. My appointment last week was with my Ob/Gyn who performed the fibroid removal surgery, but we have yet to meet with our RE to set up our treatment plan. We just couldn't squeeze in the SA, HSG, & appointment to discuss everything into our last couple weeks. So we're trying the old-fashioned way this cycle and I'm going to use progesterone suppositories post-ovulation to hopefully stop the spotting madness.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad that you are feeling content and resting right now :) After the RE makes a plan there's a lot of things to do and think about daily :) I hope that the progesterone helps with the spotting so that you don't have to deal with that ever again!!

Betty Rubble said...

Relaxation is good! Not that its a cure all, but we all need to emotionally and physically remove ourselves from the wear and tear...

Hugs

Jen said...

well, i'm glad you're not having another 19 day cycle! maybe this last shot of old-fashioned babymaking will be the one! never know :-)

thanks for the comments on my blog, by the way!

ttcourbaby.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Using the RE to TTC does take a lot more time out of your schedule than TTC at home, but if you can swing it, I personally always felt "If this get's me pregnant this month and I don't have to do anything next month it will be worth it," when it came to my treatments. Also don't forget that most women are more fertile in the couple months after their hsg's. So really go at it now to get a bigger bang for your treatment investment. Good luck, and maybe that one time did do the trick!

Infertility is Hard said...

Aren't the times of rest wonderful? And SO completely necessary to keep going. Through this TTC journey, I have loved the months off, because they allow everything to be put back into perspective and they allow the soul to heal a bit from the stress, anxiety, and constant worry that infertility gives us.

Hope AF comes shortly and you can have fun this month trying the old fashioned way. :-D

A said...

God is SO GOOD when He blesses us with rest! I will always be thankful that He did that for us before we began clomid. I am so happy that you're still feeling calm and positive about the next part of your journey! My RE does clomid IUI's if plain ol' clomid doesn't work, so if you do an IUI in the cycle after this next one, I'll be paying close attention to what you have to say about it! :) Praying for you!

jones said...

I think that your plan sounds smashing (and one that i'm doing myself) we pondered an IUI this month. but I wasn't completely ready for that step and my husband has work travel. We decided that I would skip the clomid this month and just take the progesterone as that stopped the mid-cycle spotting. i can only hope (for both of us)

Amber said...

I think the plan sounds great I mean who knows maybe you will conceive via the old fashioned method and not need anything else:)

♥Tabitha said...

Yay! Good luck to you, I'll be praying!!

One Who Understands said...

Taking a break is a nice thing. We all need them to keep our mind, body and spirit in balance.

I am in the central valley in CA. We live in a little town called Atwater. I have an aunt who lives in Nipomo on the central coast. DH and I use to visit Pismo beach often when we lived in Clovis. (Which is right by Fresno.) Are you close to there? Now we live closer to Monterey and Carmel.

Kelli said...

Love you girlie! Good luck and you know prayers are coming your way!

Erica said...

Got it! Wishing you lots of luck the old-fashioned way - at least it will be a lot more fun than an IUI. :)

Rebekah said...

Enjoy the relaxation! It is so needed!