Monday, July 27, 2009

HSG & last day of clomid

I *think* things are all clear with my fallopian tubes! The radiologist said that from a preliminary look, everything was fine...although he will have to examine the slides more closely to confirm that. I'm so thankful that a test came back ok!

I must say I was really, really nervous about the pain I might experience during the procedure. After my horrible SHG and knowing that most people think the HSG is worse, I was quite anxious. I took two extra strength tylenol an hour before, went for a walk outside the clinic just before my appointment, prayed, and tried to remain calm. However, I almost cried when the nurse asked me if I knew what to expect! I told her I did in a teary-I'm-trying-not-to-cry voice, and thankfully she was very sympathetic. I think she talked to me a lot beforehand to try and keep my mind off of what was to come. :)

Thankfully, it really was a piece of cake for me. Only mildly uncomfortable, not painful, and it hardly compared to the SHG pain. I was so relieved and thankful! Really, the worst part of the HSG was taking the antibiotics! I started them yesterday and have a 4 day course. These antibiotics are more intense than most I've seen and have all these guidelines -- empty stomach, no eating for an hour, a full glass of water, and no lying down for a half hour. So yesterday morning I took my first one on an empty stomach...and became very nauseous. It was awful. The feeling even made me question if I could handle being pregnant, because I was so miserable. I ended up laying on the floor next to DH sobbing because I felt so bad (maybe this was the clomid, too?). As soon as the hour was up he had fixed me a delicious lunch that made everything better. Needless to say I was terrified to take the next dose, but the next two have been fine. I think the first one must have just been a problem because I was super hungry.

In other news, I have also just finished my clomid and am on cycle day 7. I am thankful to report no side effects yet! I am very curious about when I will ovulate -- for the last three cycles I think I ovulated on cycle day 10. Today I had some beige tinged EWCM....so maybe I will still ovulate soon!? I used an OPK today but got a negative result. I am really hoping the clomid pushed my ovulation back just a little...and that I don't accidentally ovulate before my IUI. I go in for an ultrasound on Thursday (cd 10). Please, body, just hold off on ovulating until after Thursday so I don't have to stress out and call the RE!

Whew, what a big week! Tomorrow we are meeting with Dr. RE to discuss "the plan." It feels wonderful to be doing things, and have the HSG out of the way. :)

19 comments:

Missy said...

It's always nice to get some goods news after your bad news from the RE. But getting a shot at an IUI is always hopeful.

ASHELY said...

that all sounds really good. I hope things go well. you are in my prayers. sorry I haven't commented too much lately...it really sucks not being able to come on here at work anymore.

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

I'm so glad things are getting underway for you. The antibiotics sound aweful, hopefully your body will get used to them and the doses get easier. An HSG sounds scary, i'm glad yours went better than expected!

'Murgdan' said...

So glad things are moving along now. :-)

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

Thanks also for your sweet comments, thoughts and prayers!

Kelli said...

Hooray for a not-too-bad HSG! Things are moving along and I'm so happy for you!

Infertility is Hard said...

So glad the preliminary results of the HSG were normal, and so happy that the pain wasn't too terrible.

I always worried about ovulating before IUI too, but try not to. I'm sure your clinic will take excellent care of you. :-D

Betty Rubble said...

From experience if your HSG was only mildly uncomfortable then all is clear!

Good luck at your upcoming ultrasound and ultimate IUI!

cheryllookingforward said...

I'm glad the HSG wasn't bad. Good luck with the IUI!
-ICLW-

A said...

I'm glad the HSG wasn't too bad and that everything looks clear!! I had one in Sept last year, and it seems like mine was a bit more uncomfortable, but pretty much the same outcome.

Have fun and good luck at the RE with talking about the IUI!! I always kind of dreaded the RE, but talking to him always gave me new hope!

Melissa said...

Woot for the last day of Clo.mid! I hope you don't have any side effects from it.

WHen is the IUI scheduled for?? I'm so excited for you guys!! Keeping you in my thoughts!!

Melody said...

Ya-hoo! One procedure down and just a few more to go!!!

strongblonde said...

yea! glad things seem to be moving in the right direction now. i'm super excited for you :) xoxo

The Wife said...

I didn't think the HSG was that bad, not to say that I'd want to do it again, but still. I'll be sure to pray that everything goes perfect this cycle. Good luck!

entrusted said...

So glad your HSG went well! I naturally ovulate fairly early, but I never had a problem with ovulating too early on Clomid, for whatever comfort that's worth to you right now...

Clio said...

good that the HSG was easier than you expected. So, now you'll be prepared for your IUI! They sort of felt the same to me. I got a lot of cramping after the IUI...I read one of your previous posts about all the numbers and the FSH. don't drive yourself mad with that. Do not buy into the idea that everything is so determined like that. Our bodies fluctuate from month to month. Last year, right before my IVF I had an FSH of 10!!!! (I was 33 and doing all the acupuncture crap). Even with that, I had 15 eggs retrieved in only 8 days of stims. This year, my FSH is 7.7!! Now, we'll see what will happen when I do my next IVF.

b is for brown said...

so glad the hsg went well. i thought it was easy as pie too! i am praying and hoping that you do not ovulate until the IUI! i know when we saw the RE it was such a relief to have a plan -- finally.

barrenandbelieving said...

wow lots of things to keep track of. Glad you didn't have horrible pain and excited for this new time of trying for you. :)

Amber said...

great news! Hope your body holds off until the perfect timing:)