Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Trying to Conceive: Take Two

Today, I stumbled upon this interesting article titled Daily S.ex 'Best for Good Sperm.' I've read before that more s.ex is better for motility, so this just seems to reinforce that idea all around!

I don't think an IUI is going to happen this month, and if you would have told me that a couple weeks ago I would have been crushed. Timing has just not worked out for getting the SA done, doctor appointments, etc all to work out around AF. But with my new found hope....I am actually excited to have a month of TTC au naturale!

Here's the plan...make use of the info in the above linked article. ;) Take the progesterone supp.ositories that I have had in my fridge since January. I have been waiting for a "real" cycle to try them out and see if it helps my spotting (which is here again this cycle)...and I think this next cycle will be the real deal. No more waiting for surgeries to heal, new sp.erm to form, or sickness. I'm even looking forward to charting!

So, AF should be here by the end of this weekend and then we'll be trying to conceive again with DH's new sp.erm and my fibroid-free uterus!

16 comments:

K8e said...

GL this cycle!

Melissa said...

ow ow!! Good luck!! Wouldn't that be awesome if this month worked and you wouldn't even have to do an IUI? hey i can be optimistic! OW OW!

Caroline said...

Great plan Hillary!

Jen said...

woohoo! glglgl! i'm going to read that article now! hope your au naturale cycle does the trick :-)

TheDales said...

My fingers are crossed for you!!

Indy said...

I have been praying for you.

Amanda said...

I saw that article the other day too and was hoping some of the MFI folks saw it too, and it looks like you have. Good luck!

The Wife said...

I heard about that article but didn't read it. It sounds good though! Hope this cycle ends up being the one and don't forget to have fun! Good Luck!

♥Tabitha said...

Yay!! Good for you...get-r-done! lol!

AJ48 said...

Good Luck!!! I'm praying for you guys!

Kelli said...

New sperm, fibroid-free uterus...it's like a brand new baby-maker!! YAY! Have fun and enjoy your month of au naturale!

Kelli said...

ps. You have an award waiting on my blog! xoxo

Infertility is Hard said...

My husband sent me an article at work yesterday that he found on the BBC website that said daily sex is actually best for sperm. He said that obviously now we need to BD every day. HA! I got a big laugh out of that. . . But if it will help, who am I to stand in the way. ;-)

About the spotting. . . I also used the progesterone suppositories for me, and it took away the spotting completely. I hope you have as good of luck with it as well. :-D

Jenna said...

I'm adding you to my prayer list! I found your blog through Sarah Creamers. My DH and I went through 2 years of IF and 4 IUI's so I can relate to what you are going through. I'd love to pray for you!

Missy said...

I read something similar about that. GL this cycle!

Erica said...

Lots and lots of luck this cycle Hillary!!! You're in my thoughts - as always. :)