Monday, June 22, 2009

Couch night

So much for "deep thoughts" on my blog today. Although I had high hopes, I am fighting a cold post-camp (although I think I am winning!) and did not get a restful sleep last night.

In fact, for the first time in our (now) over 4 years of marriage, I spent the night on the couch.

It's not what you think. :)

I'm fighting this cold, and DH says I have the immune system of a horse (is that really an expression?). I got the sore throat, tiredness...but so far the throat is better and I have not progressed to the congestion stage. DH, on the other hand, went from sore throat to crazy severe sinus infection in two days flat.

So last night, DH is sniffling. Tossing and turning. Softly moaning from time to time. Getting up to go to the bathroom. Getting up for water. And I cannot sleep. What finally moved me out of bed and onto the couch was when he passed gas loudly. Seriously, I know he's sick and miserable, but I think he made all the noises he possibly could to keep me awake.

And to add craziness to our day, DH's car battery died when we tried to drive it to the store to get medicine tonight. (I think it was already weak, but since we didn't drive it all week while at camp it just gave out) We thought about going to get a new battery and installing it tonight, but DH was in no mood or condition to deal with that. So now I have to drive him to the doctor tomorrow morning...on the one day I have to be at work at 9 for our audit. Oh well, my boss was nice enough to cover for me in case I'm late.

Ok, so all of this ties in perfectly to my all-time favorite you tube video. DH and I laugh about this video all.the.time because it is SO how he is when he is sick. I don't normally like to play upon stereotypes and I'm sorry if this offends anyone...but it is true for us :) Even tonight DH said he wishes my name were "Laura" so he could say it just like the video...



Hope you enjoyed! And I made DH take a ny.quil tonight to knock him out. Hopefully we'll both sleep better. :)

11 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love it! That is SO the case at my house! I get sick and then my husband gets "sicker". Moaning and whinnying on the couch or in bed. SO annoying! I'm going to have to send that video to every woman I know! Thank you!
*HUGS and ICLW*

Michelle said...

I swear hubbies are the biggest babies when they are sick! :) Hoping you BOTH make a speedy recovery!
~Michelle

Infertility is Hard said...

Oh my gosh! I am sitting at my cubicle at work dying laughing. That is hilarious, and so true! :-D When my husband gets sick, it's like the worse thing in the world. Oh, how we love our men.
:-D

K8e said...

OMG men are babies! I love the clip!I hope you are feeling better soon!

Liv said...

Oh, that is hysterical! I'll have to show my DH. Total wuss when it comes to a cold. Although he fully admits it. He also said that if men had to deal with what we have every month than we'd have to have 12 weeks of sick days a year. lol.

Thanks for sharing. Hope the household is back to being healthy soon!

ICLW

A said...

Hilarious! My hubby is also not a great sick person!! I hope you don't have to camp on the couch anymore and that you feel better soon!!

I echo "so much for deep thoughts"...lately I'm not feeling any! I think it's because I have the medicine and all things new with that to occupy my mind...

Astrid said...

Sorry about the colds. Hope you feel better soon. Guys are the weaker sex. No joke. It's scientifically proven. Almost feel sorry for 'em. Happy ICLW.

Melissa said...

Aw, I hope you two feel better, but i have to say i did laugh at your dh farting :) I hope he feels better and I hope it doesn't progress at all with you :)

Kelli said...

You poor little bunnies! Glad you're beating your cold and I hope your dh feels better soon, too!!

Cinbin said...

I showed that video to my dh, he loved it and we laughed. Sorry you all don't feel well, feel better soon!

christina said...

Poor little bunny! I'm gonna have to try this one. Funny video, thanks for sharing!

Hope you guys both get to feeling better soon!

iclw