Thursday, May 21, 2009

Small celebrations

It is often so easy for me to notice the negative. Especially in the face of infertility, you know? We didn't time it perfectly this month. I started spotting a day earlier than usual. I spot too much. Why didn't AF come when I wanted? Now I have to go in for this test on the weekend... etc., etc.

Instead, today, I will celebrate something small. Something went RIGHT and I'm happy. :)

My fibroid surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, and the doctor wanted it to fall between cd 5-10. She said the closer to AF the better because it will be easier to open the cervix, and that can be a tricky thing in this procedure.

However, when I was in the office it was cd 7, I didn't know when I would ovulate, and I wasn't really tracking things this cycle. So I counted the weeks and told the doctor's office to schedule the surgery for the week of Memorial Day....and hoped AF's arrival would cooperate. I really didn't want her to have to work really hard to get into my cervix -- ouch!

My goal was for AF to arrive on or after May 18. If she arrived on May 18 my surgery would be on cd 10 and the last day in the desired window. If she arrived before May 18, I might have had to reschedule! And in my mind, any extra days after May 18 would be GREAT!

Sunday, May 17th came and went. No AF. Whew, at least I didn't need to stress about postponing the surgery.

Monday, May 18. No AF! An extra day!

Tuesday, May 19...no....Wednsay, May 20....no...!!

AF just came today, on Thursday May 21!!! So my surgery will be on CD 7, which sounds perfect to me!

For once, something went RIGHT. I should probably rephrase that and say for once, I noticed something going right. :)

18 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

Yeah for the small things. God is in control, of the big things and the small things. You may have fibroids but he is working things out to get you in the best shape possible for your fertility. God is in control even when we don't see it :)

And stop by my blog, I've nominated you for a sisterhood award.

Missy said...

I hope this bodes well for your surgery to be successful

Melissa said...

woot! :)

Kelli said...

All in His perfect timing. :)
Hooray!

A said...

Definitely with you on celebrating the small things!! Of course God is up there thinking, hello, this was always going to work on great! ;-)

Jendeis said...

Yay!! So glad that you are finding comfort in something good happening. Hugs!

Amanda said...

I got through the same fretting every time I try to schedule things in advance related to my cycle. Every month I'm hopping that my mid cycle is scheduled at the right time and that my IUI doesn't fall on a sunday or something. I'm glad old AF cooperated for you. Your surgery is so soon now, at least you can focus more clearly on it and not whether it's going to fall on the wrong date now.

Hope said...

Yeah! Its the small things, but they count for so much!

Astrid said...

Nice. Just goes to show that sometimes things do go our way. It's so awesome to get those little reminders - the universe is not totally conspired against us.

You are inspiring in that you always manage to find the silver lining.

Amber said...

Everything does work out for a reason!

gringa78 said...

So glad things are moving forward! The waiting is the worst part. Best of luck with your surgery next week- I'll be thinking of you.

looking4#3 said...

Stopping by from ICLW!!! Just thought I'd share that my husband was DX with low motility 35% and low morphology 1%. We were going for IUI in June. I will be four weeks pregnant tomorrow. NATURALLY!!! What a shocker!!! Thought that might give you a little hope!!!!!
ICLW
PS--Good Luck with your surgery!

looking4#3 said...

Thanks for posting something back on my blog!!!! Hope is something that is hard to hold onto sometimes. I have another blog that might be good for you too.
She has an amazing story!!!
http://www.huddlestonsfamily3.blogspot.com/
Hope you enjoy it!!!

strongblonde said...

way to put a positive spin on it :) you always have a great outlook...it's inspiring!

A Mom in Jacksonville, FL said...

Good for your celebrating your body!

*ICLW*

twondra said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I would love to continue to follow your journey. I love to find Christian women going through IF. I hope that's okay that I continue to follow you. Good luck! (((HUGS))))

Betty Rubble said...

Isn't it nice when our bodies cooperate...even if they didnt' mean too!

Good luck!!!

The Swann's said...

Found your blog via Melissa's... Oh yeah for things lining up for this surgery!!! I hope it goes just as smooth and the recovery too! :-)