Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I LOVE three day weekends. Love them. Who doesn't, right? And I think I've decided that I like it best when the day off is Monday because there is so much anticipation and the whole weekend feels different... :) We've had a blast -- lots of friends in town, 3 bar-b-ques, and staying up way too late make for a fun and social weekend. I hope you are having a GREAT weekend as well!!

Since my surgery is on Wednesday and I took Thursday off to recover, I must admit I am also excited to have two days off this week. Of course, if I had a choice I would not choose to have any kind of surgical procedure and just go to work....but since I need to, I'm just looking at the bright side. :) Lazy days at home sound good to me, as does a two day work week!

A funny side note... at church yesterday I wanted to go up and get prayer that my surgery would go smoothly. Normally there are 3 pairs of people to pray with, usually set up as female/female, male/male, and female/ male. Yesterday there was only a female/male pair and one lone guy available, probably because of the holiday weekend. The couple was on the other side of the room and was constantly in use, so I thought about just going up to the lone guy and just being vague about a surgery (I mean, I wouldn't go into details anyway so who cares!). I knew the guy and he's a newlywed younger than me, so I kept debating it during worship and then asked my DH what he thought. For some reason it seemed awkward! He had the great idea to just come with me, and the prayer guy and my DH both prayed for my surgery. I'm glad it worked out.

16 comments:

We have Angel Wings said...

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog.

I'm sending you good luck vibes for your surgery and hoping that you have a speedy recovery. A 2 day work week sounds devine to me!

~Happy ICLW

Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear you've had an awesome weekend! I will keep you in my prayers for your upcoming surgery. woot woot to a 2 day work week! :)

Kelli said...

I'm praying for you this week, too! Hope all goes smoothly on Wednesday and you have a speedy recovery :) Enjoy the two day work week!

Betty Rubble said...

God works in mysterious ways :)

I would take Friday off too...heck have a 1 day work week :)

You're going to do GREAT! Can't wait to hear when your cycle starts followed by that BFP that you're going to get!

Kim said...

Hi, good to "meet" you, and thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope your surgery goes well this week !


ICLW

Katie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Good luck on the surgery Wednesday. I'll send some extra prayers your way as well.

Also, I have thought about my DH going to acupuncture and he totally would- except with his 0% morphology, I'm not sure it would do something and I'm kind of tired of throwing $ out the window without knowing if it is helping our odds. Plus, it is too late for the IVF this go-round. My acupuncturist did want to get her hands on him though!

ICLW :)

Heather said...

Glad your surgery went well. I have that to look forward in 2 weeks. Praying for you!

Billy said...

Glad you had a nice long weekend!
Hope the surgery goes well.

ICLW

Stefanie said...

Good luck with the surgery.

~Stopping by for ICLW~

BB said...

Glad you had a nice long weekend! :) Wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery!

~ICLW

Amber said...

Prayers for you that the surgery goes well this week.

Phoebe said...

Good luck on your surgery. I had my fibroids removed laparoscopically three years ago, and it was very successful. The recovery was quick, but I wished I had taken two full weeks off, instead of the 10 days I took off. Give yourself more time to recover if you need it!

ICLW

strongblonde said...

i know! i LOVE 3 day weekends. it makes the week go by so much better, too.

although....clinic is draaaaaggggging today. it makes me want to cry!

A said...

I will be praying for your surgery tomorrow!! I hope this is what you need to kick off a short wait until baby is here!

MAK-now said...

Just wanted to say I'm sending you lotsa hugs & good luck on your surgery & I hope your recovery is quick.

{{HUGS}}


ICLW

katery said...

i love three day weekends, i love four day weekends even more! i hope your surgery goes well today!