Saturday, May 23, 2009

Baby Bucks

That's what we're saving: Baby Bucks. We haven't drastically changed our spending, but we're not buying anything big or going on vacation. My Christmas bonuses and any extra money we've gotten has gone STRAIGHT to our Baby Bucks fund. Because every infertile needs to start stashing away the cash in case you have to 'buy a baby,' right? IUIs, IVF, or adoption...those options loom ahead of us and we need all the baby bucks we can get.

Last night we went out to dinner for date night, and we had a one of those surprise 'coupons' that has to be scratched off by the manager. Probably 99% of them are for 10% off your meal (hey, I'll take it!), but there were a few really good prizes listed! A couple vacations, free dinners for a year, and, you guessed it, BABY BUCKS! Well, they called it cash, but I read it as Baby Bucks. :)

Being the reasonable person that I am (haha), I knew there was a very small chance we would win the Baby Bucks. But I did crane my neck and stared intently as the manager scratched off our coupon and revealed....

10% off your meal!

Ah, well. Maybe I should put that $2.00 of savings into the Baby Bucks fund. And we did get 2 more scratcher coupons, so I'm thinking we'll be back at that restaurant for a couple more date nights.

20 comments:

LupronGirl said...

2 bucks closer to your goal! Good luck to you on your journey...I'll say a pray for you!

*ICLW*

Hope Endures said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

I so get the "Baby Bucks" thing...we do something similar. Hope you hit the jackpot with those next two coupons! (ICLW)

Mary said...

Hi Hillary!

Thanks for being so supportive. I got a laptop so I'm back in action again:) I'm glad that your surgery is coming up. I hope you aren't feeling too nervous about it. I'm sure you will do great! Here's hoping that you won't need to use those Baby Bucks at all:)

Mary

Best When Used By said...

It's good to have a plan! I hope you reach your goal soon. Both in the way of baby bucks and....well...baby!

ICLW

Kelli said...

Every penny counts! We're did it backwards and put a lot of procedures and meds on credit cards - not a good idea. Now we are watching our pennies and dimes to pay off the CC!

Stuart and Sarah Creamer said...

Aren't we all saving for those baby bucks! We will save and save until we get those beautiful babies!

Astrid said...

Every little bit counts right? And with your motivated attitude, you're probably 90% of the way there.

Kristin said...

I like the way you are looking at your savings. Good luck and I hope your next two coupons really pay off.

~ICLW

Michelle said...

2 bucks is 2 bucks! :) Every little bit counts!! I love the Baby Bucks slogan. I may have to steal that name. My hubby and I just finished Financial Peace and are looking to start saving money for a baby after our debt is paid off!
~Michelle

Betty Rubble said...

I still have my baby bucks account...its not growing, but every $2 help!

Keep up the good work!

Beautiful Mess said...

I love the idea of "baby bucks"! That's a really good idea. Hell yeah for saving 10%. 2 bucks is 2 bucks!
*ICLW*

WiseGuy said...

Yay for 2 dollars...lolol @ the whole drama that built up prior to the scratching and then revealing what was anyways your initial take on the card!

Good Luck!

*ICLW*

Caroline said...

It sounds like you are being very sensible. It's always good to have some money put away. Hugs to you. x

Serendipity said...

I totally get the baby bucks thing, we do the same, every spare penny goes into the child fund. Good luck with the other coupons!
- ICLW

Fallopian 'Tudes said...

Awww. That's a great idea though!

The Swann's said...

I hope those Baby Bucks don't have to "buy" your baby but instead buy items FOR your baby!!! :-)

~Meghan

twondra said...

We have our own Peanut fund so I do understand. :)

A said...

We have a separate savings account that gets a certain amount pulled from our checking every month, plus our tax refund and any bonuses...we're hoping that clomid does the trick and we can use the money to outfit the nursery instead of pay for adoption or further fertility treatments!!!

theworms said...

I love that you call it baby bucks :) We have the baby fund too. So crazy that we have to pay to have a baby.

I hope the other 2 coupons are big winners.

ICLW

N said...

That's a great idea!!! Me and Hubby know we need to save, and we do, but it would be smarter if we set up a baby bucks fund!