Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wedding weekend

Remember that wedding and bridal shower I was writing about a few months ago? Well, my good friend got married yesterday and I was honored to be a bridesmaid. It was a beautiful day that I was so thankful to be a part of and celebrate....but now that it is Sunday I am exhausted from a weekend of wedding festivities. A bridesmaid lunch on Friday, manicures/pedicures that afternoon, and a rehearsal followed by a rehearsal dinner Friday night. At 9am Saturday we met at her hotel, where all her bridesmaids and family hung out, took turns getting our hair done, and got ready. It was fun to look so beautiful for the day (DH said I did :)) The wedding wasn't until 3, but it was amazing how fast the time flew by and we were suddenly at the church walking down the aisle. And then we ate, drank, and danced the night away until about 11...whew, I am tired. :)

During the ceremony, our pastor prayed (among many things) that they would be blessed with children. I darted a glance out to the congregation and caught DH's eye...I love it when we have those significant eye glances at the same moment. I do pray that my friend and her new husband are blessed with children. And I beg God daily for that blessing for myself and my DH.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. It's always nice to get a little pampering and hang out with friends.

At my wedding we did something called "Blessing of the Hands" (there are several versions of this on the internets). There are many, many references to having children in it, but then at the end it says if we are not able to have children then let us make life another way and I liked it because of that (since I already knew having children would be a problem for us). It is a beautiful prayer, you'll surely cry if you've never heard it before. I had to get all my crying done with it ahead of time so that I could keep it together for the wedding.

Amanda said...

I put up a copy of the reading we used under my last post on my blog if you would like to read it.

Betty Rubble said...

Sounds like fun!

I hope you and your hubby are blessed with children soon too!!!

strongblonde said...

sounds like a good time. i like weddings for the most part. sometimes it is a ton of work, though!

hope you are blessed with children, soon, too!

Melissa said...

what a fun weekend! i'm glad you and your DH were able to attend and have those memories with your friends.

And I hope this is your year for getting that baby belly!!

Erica said...

I just read your April Fool's post - LOL!!! I love that you were cracking up before the joke - you must have NO poker face! :)

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Hope the rest of your week is as great!