Monday, April 20, 2009

It's my birthday!

After a major cry-fest last night over infertility, I woke up today not looking forward to my birthday. I just felt like I couldn't enjoy it, you know? I've just been too emotional.

BUT what a great day that totally pulled me out of my funk!! My day has been filled with so many special little things and more people than I deserve who love me. In my emotional state (that I KNOW is PMS but I *somehow* think, "I'm am extra emotional. Maybe I'm pregnant?!), many of these things moved me to tears, but this time there were the good, "Oh my gosh, you love me!" tears.

DH made me breakfast and put it on out "Your Are Special Today" plate that he painted for me two years ago on my birthday. He attached a note on a piece of lined notebook paper declaring his love and happy birthday. I got calls from my parents, in-laws, and other friends and relatives. Text messages and emails from my youth group girls. Even the random FB messages made my day! :) And an unexpected gift dropped off at my work by from somebody in my homegroup, a couple cards in the mail...*sigh* I am blessed.

I also got myself a mocha frap (with whip for once since it's my birthday), and tonight DH and I are going out to dinner, getting a yummy cupcake from this place I've always wanted one from, and then picking out his gift to me. It was his idea to go to Home Depot together and pick out a new porch light, since we don't like the one we currently have. Fun, fun!

And to round out the week I'm getting my first ever massage on Friday! I have a gift certificate and am going with a girlfriend, I can't wait!!

27 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Hillary! I hope that you have had a wonderful day. You deserve it. Big hugs to you. Caroline xx

Betty Rubble said...

Happy Birthday!

I want pictures of your new porch light :) I hope you have a truly blessed birthday week!!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your birthday wishes come true:)

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you have so many special people in your life that made your day great! Enjoy your cupcake!!

'Murgdan' said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are SO going to love the massage. :-)

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie! I hope all your baby wishes come true! MMM...enjoy your cupcake...you deserve it girl!

Jendeis said...

Happy Birthday sweetie! Hope that this year is wonderful!

c by the sea said...

happy birthday! all of your plans sound great, cupcakes, home depot, massage...fun stuff!

Melissa said...

happy birthday Hillary!! Sending you lots of hugs and love today!!!

Mary said...

Happy birthday, Hillary! Have great massage:)

Nichole said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad that it turned out to be a great one for you! Enjoy your massage! You deserve it my friend!

Stefanie said...

Hi Hillary,

Happy B-lated Birthday.. I wanted to comment yesterday, but things just didn't work out the way I planned.

I hope you enjoy your massage, I'm sure it will be very relaxing

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

Happy Birthday Hillary !!!! Enjoy your night out and your massage!

Kat470 said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. :-D

A said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm a day late... so glad you are surrounded with such loving friends and family- they make all the difference on bad IF days, don't they? :)

strongblonde said...

happy bday!! i hope you enjoyed the massage! they're amazing! xoxo

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Hillary! Sounds like a wonderful day. And, enjoy the massage. I know you'll love it.

~ICLW

♥Tabitha said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! I'm so glad it turned out well for you!!

Silya said...

Happy Birthday! Your birthday activities sound pretty much perfect. Enjoy!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes!

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you gad a great day. Enjoy your massage!!

Hannah
~ICLW

Erica said...

Happy belated birthday Hillary! It sounds like you have lots of people who love you dearly in your life. What a blessing that truly is!

Enjoy the massage this weekend - I love them. :)

Gina said...

Happy 'belated' Birthday Hillary!!! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day yesterday :o)

ICLW

Villagepig said...

Fomw ICLW:

I am so glad that you had a lovely birthday, it is so important to have at least 1 day in the year when you can give yourself a break, relax and just let yourself do whatever you normally wouldn't!

And the extra important bit? NO GUILT!!

May the best memories from your past, be the worst for your future.

VP

Word Nerd said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have great friends and family supporting you. Enjoy your massage - I'm sure you'll love it and want to go back for more.
ICLW

jones said...

Happy Birthday - and coincidentally, mine is the same day!!! Hope it was a great one.

Smitty76 said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Keep celebrating, I say. :)

Smitty76
(visiting via ICLW)