Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fool's Day

Happy April Fool's! I haven't done anything for April Fool's Day in a long time. Actually, I think I only have once. :) I still laugh thinking about the joke I played on my little brother, though! I was probably around 14 and he was 10. We were watching TV and he was eating his dinner, and I offered to get him a glass of milk to go with it. I added some salt to the milk, but didn't think to stir it. I watched him closely out of the corner of my eye as he began to drink, but he didn't seem to notice anything different about his milk. I was sad to think that my first (and so far only) attempt at an April Fool's joke had fallen flat. However, once he got to the bottom of the glass he spit out the milk, his face got red, and I burst out laughing. He was pretty mad and I think he socked me like most ten-year-old brothers would do. (I just texted my brother that I was thinking about our April Fool's memory... he texted back that I am evil! I call it funny, but whatever)

I'm not typically much of an overt prankster, although I did my fair share of pranks in college. But things are slow at work today and a new blogging friend's post has inspired me a little...so I've been trying to think of something funny to do to my husband tonight. I think I might put some wasabi into in his mouth guard (he has to wear a mouth guard because he grinds his teeth when he sleeps). Hmm...

Did any of you do any pranks today?

8 comments:

melody said...

Hey, that's funny that you texted your bro. because I did the same to my brother telling him I was posting about him today re: April Fool's. Ha! I'm putting the salted milk in my hat for next year or just for kicks...why wait for April 1st when I can do it tomorrow morning, right?

Caroline said...

Wasabi in your DH's mouthguard sounds fun!

We had our embryo transfer on April Fools Day(it seemed like a fitting end to the terrible IVF cycle)

Thanks for all of your support this week.

Hugs to you.
C

Melissa said...

that's hilarious!

i haven't done anything, i'm so boring the older i get! bah!

:)

Mary said...

You are too cute. My husband would freak if I did that. The humor would certainly be lost on him...let us know how it went!

strongblonde said...

i never really did anything for april fools. i guess at the hospital when i was on the wards we would try to make it look like all of our patients were super sick to the upcoming nurses....but that would only be funny after everyone freaked out and got scared :)

jones said...

I'm not much of a prankster either, with the exception that, after a rainfall and much to my husband's dismay, I love to pull tree branches to get him wet. indeniably juvenile, but somehow I can't help myself.

Erica said...

So did you do it? Did you add the wasabi to his mouthguard?

Bottoms Off said...

I love to do pranks. But I didn't do any this year.