Monday, April 27, 2009

Hallelujah, I have fibroids!

I just got back from my ultrasound, and guess what we found??? TWO FIBROIDS! As I said to DH on the phone, Hallelujah! I mean, of course I don't want to have abnormal growths in my uterus...but finally I have an explanation to all of my bleeding that is common and no big deal. :::::huge sigh of relief::::: The NP said that one of them is very high and not likely to effect fertility, but the other is in the area where implantation would occur so that could definitely be causing our infertility. (Then I told her about our MFI, but still. Even if one little sperm could get up there, my fibroid would be getting in the way!). Now I just have to wait to hear from the doctor about when we are going to get those things OUT!
I also have to say that I LOVED this nurse practitioner. Like I said in a previous post, this NP works with my RE to do u/s and monitoring for patients in my city, and I was a little sad that I couldn't just do everything at the RE's office. However, it looks like they have a really great system for working together and this NP was just so kind, thorough, and informative. There was another woman there ahead of me from my RE's office and she and the NP definitely seemed very friendly with each other. Her office was colorful and unique....It made me look forward to going back and seeing her again! And DH ended up unable to go with me...he did want to, but remembered that it was his boss' first day back from a 3-week vacation and he didn't want to get to work late today. But I asked the NP about bringing DH next time and she said, "Of course! Bring whoever you want, we could have a party in here!" :)
Now I'm just waiting for my blood test results...!!! I'm nervous about my FSH. Even thought I know I am "young," in this land of IF statistics become rather meaningless, you know? I'll keep you posted!

16 comments:

Jendeis said...

Only in our world would we say, "Yay fibroids!" I'm so glad that you are finding out the answers and moving closer to achieving your dreams.

Mary said...

Hillary! That's 'awesome', lol. Never do we want anything wrong with us...but in this case...whoo hoo! That must be such a relief. Now lets just get that super low fsh number back and get those fibroids out:) Game on.

♥Tabitha said...

Yay for Fibroids! lol! =) I'm glad you found something!!

strongblonde said...

see? having a diagnosis of something is so helpful! :)

:) also glad you liked the NP!!

Amanda said...

Wow, who would have thought? It's not awesome that you'll have to get it fixed, but hopefully things will be much smoother from here on out.

Infertility is Hard said...

I know this sounds weird. . . But that is REALLY good news that they found fibroids. One. . . They are totally removable, and two. . . it's an EXPLANATION. YAY! :-D

I had some spotting issues too here and there, and the ultrasound showed a polyp. The polyp disappeared after my menses, which was good.

YAY for explanations. :-D

C Lo said...

:) It's nice having answers.

Good luck with your journey.


iclw

Kelli said...

Yay for a reason! I hate the unexplained and I'm so glad you have an answer!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a great experience!! Woot that it is something fixable!! :)

Find joy in every journey said...

Answers are great! Hopefully they can be easily treated!

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

Glad you got some much needed answers:) Keep us posted..

Hugs,
Hannah

Caroline said...

I am so glad that they have found the source of your infertility (if you know what I mean?). If they can find the problem, they can then fix it.
Thinking of you. x

Cassandra said...

ICLW...

Congrats on finding a possible culprit! Hopefully taking care of those will do the trick.

Good luck!

Missy said...

That's great that you found something that can be easily "fixed". Solutions are on the way!

Hope.Faith.Patience said...

i'm so glad they found a reason for the bleeding. hopefully they can fix it SOON!

jones said...

I'm so glad that you have some concrete answers!! so much better than "unexplained"