Friday, April 24, 2009

AF was late enough...

I was hoping to avoid a need for cd 3 blood work on Sunday, but AF was late enough for me to have it on Monday. Good news, I guess.

I have never anticipated AF more, even in the tww. Usually by the time AF should be arriving, I have already tested negative or somehow assumed she was coming...thus not really caring about when she specifically arrived. But these past two days I kept waiting....and thinking she was here...and then she wasn't...

Let's just say I made way more bathroom trips than necessary that included unneeded tampon changes. :) I even woke up at 4am this morning, felt some dull achy cramps, and thought, "Ahh, AF is finally here" only to wake up a few hours later and find out she wasn't!

Only infertile women could care that much about their period. Thankfully, I can sleep easy now.

11 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Don't you hate that! By the time I know (or suspect) that I'm not pregnant I'm just ready for it to be over...enough with the fun and games!

Kelli said...

AF can be a sneaky and conufusion causing visitor! I'm glad you don't have to go in on Sunday! Love those silver linings!

Mary said...

At least she was late enough that cd3 is now on Monday. I hate that how clinics do it on day 2 or 4 simply because they aren't open! So, that's good news for you:) Can't wait to hear your results...let's hope we are both under 10. My appt is at 8:30cst tomorrow am and I'm totally nervous!

Heather said...

It is strange to think about all the fertility-related details we get focused on that most people never think about. Glad to hear your Sunday is now free!

Amanda said...

I get pretty anxious waiting for AF these days too. It would have been nice if she didn't come at all (for a good reason) but at least she had the consideration to show up on a more convenient schedule.

Jess said...

I agree...we grow up hating the b**tch to wanting her to come so bad that we constantly check for her! How life changes with IF. If I am not pregnant next week, I will be praying for her to come ASAP so I can start another round of clomid. I use to never pray for her to come fast, lol!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

strongblonde said...

for the love of all....what is going on with AF? i totally know what you mean, though. only IF people care this much! ;)

Carrie27 said...

Mine has been pretty much lost for years. I quit expecting her to show any more.

Infertility is Hard said...

Good luck on your day 3 labs. Yes, at least it didn't fall on Sunday. :-D

Fashionably Infertile said...

GL with your CD3 bloodwork. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you the best with this cycle.

ICLW

K said...

Wow so true!!1