Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We got our welcome packet

I opened our mailbox to see our welcome packet from the RE. I like informational things like this, and I like filling out forms, and this is our next step in trying to have a baby....all very exciting!

On the front cover of the folder is a picture of a very adorable baby with the words, "Experience the joy of parenthood." Doesn't that sum up our goal pretty well? It's definitely an excellent sales pitch to an infertile like me. :)

In my excitement I filled out the forms before I even made dinner. The only question that stumped me was in the very beginning "basic information" section.

What is the reason for your appointment?

Um... how do I sum that up?? I could be nice and generic with something like "infertility." But there are so many emotions, hopes, and even dreams tied in with this appointment that those answers seem so flat. I actually considered turning their slogan back at them:

I want to experience the joy of parenthood.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I was the same way when I received the paperwork!! meanwhile my dh sat on his until a day or two before his urology appt. :) Yes, i like that they give you a few lines to summarize why you're there too. :)

Betty Rubble said...

You are on your way!!!

Amanda said...

That sounds like a good reason to me.

strongblonde said...

what other reason is there? who goes to the IF clinic to *not* have a kid, right? hmmm.... glad you are officially on the road :)

The Wife said...

Isn't that just the best mail you get? I remember when I got mine I was so pumped! It's like something right was finally happening. I think I filled them out the first night too, although not before dinner :). I think your reason is awesome.

♥Tabitha said...

Yay for moving forward! P.S., I agree about the response...throw it back at them! =)

Mary said...

That would be so funny if you did that. I'm glad you got the packet...and that you like filing out forms, lol. Those are so long!

jones said...

I hope that your experience comes soon! Great blog, and as a *spotter* myself, I've appreciate reading about your experiences. Thanks

Caroline said...

What a sweet post. Sometimes we get so caught up in infertility treatments that we forget why we started the journey in the first place. To experience the joy of parenthood.

Find joy in every journey said...

It feels good to make steps forward, yay! I am happy that you are experiencing some hope. Reason for appointment?!??! Wonder why they put that there...

Mrs. Hammer said...

Oh that would have been great if you had turned their slogan back on them :) Especially because it is so true! Congrats on taking your first step into the world of RE.