Thursday, March 19, 2009

O date: unknown

It's cycle day 13 and I still haven't gotten a positive on the opk since cycle day 9...but I did get some almost EWCM today that makes me think ovulation is still around the corner. Either way this is a strange cycle -- I've always ovulated between cd 10-14. So I'm pushing the limits on either side by ovulating early early or extra late. I tried to take a temperature this morning just to see if it's in a pre-o or post-o range, but in my sleepy stupor I couldn't find my thermometer in my nightstand. Maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Totally not TTC related, but some church friends of ours were down in Mexico building a house this week, and we got news today that one of them was electrocuted. As of the last email update he is stable and his injuries are less than feared. It was really scary to hear about it this afternoon, and DH & I left work a half hour early because we couldn't concentrate anyway (and we wanted to pray). This guy is the father of one of DH's kids in his youth small group. Things like this take my mind off of IF... :(

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry about your friend! I'll keep him in my prayers!

Betty Rubble said...

I will keep your friend in my prayers for sure! How scary! Glad the Lord was with him, and kept him safe!

Kat470 said...

It sounds like your friend will be okay, which I'm very happy about. How scary.

I understand the trying to find the thermometer while half asleep. That's always fun! ;-)

Nichole said...

I am so thankful that your friend seems to be ok, I will keep him in my prayers.

As for "O" time - it is so frustrating isn't it? My cycles are so wacky right now - today is CD24 and I still haven't "O" Last month my "O" came on CD27. Hoping you "O" soon!
BIG HUGS

Mary said...

I think you will O any day.

Sorry about your friend. That's terrible, hon.

Caroline said...

I really hope that your friend is OK. I'll be praying for him.

strongblonde said...

hopefully "the big o" is just around the corner :) xoxo

Jennifer said...

I'll be praying for your friend. I hope he's ok. And I can totally relate to sleepy thermometer-searching!

(ICLW)

Erica said...

Oh God! Is he better? Have you heard anymore? That is truly awful! IF seems like the worst thing, but sometimes it really does get put into perspective.

As far as no positives on the OPK stick, have you ever skipped a cycle and not ovulated? How annoying, I'm sure!

You're in my thoughts. And thank you for your continuous support on my blog. It means a lot to me right now. :)

Flower said...

Your friend is in our prayers.

I hope you get a +opk soon.