Thursday, March 26, 2009

Movin' On Up

Although I didn't get to go to the RE this week as I had hoped on Tuesday (as described in my last post), I did get some happy news today. The RE called to see if I could move my appointment up to April 10 -- a week earlier than my original appointment! Whoo-hoo! So, as evidenced by my ticker on the right, I skipped 7 days and now only have 15 days to wait!

Today was such a beautiful, happy spring day. The earlier RE appointment added to my good mood, and I had a great day at work. On the way home, I bought some strawberries at a new market that opened in our immediate area that sells a lot of local produce. It was my first time in this new store and I'm so excited to have such a neat store in my neighborhood! And the strawberries are just so spring and cheerful...we're going to a friends' house tonight to watch The Office and eat strawberries and whipped cream. :)

I only had one bump in my day. I came home, checked my Google reader, and saw a blog update from an acquaintance/ friend of mine. (What do you call those people? Friends that you've only hung out with in groups?) Anyway, I know she's pregnant, and I long ago accepted and got used to that fact (she'd due within a couple weeks). But anyway, her blog post had a picture of her with 3 other acquaintance/ friends of mine (we all go to church together). The headline of the picture was about how they all had full wombs or something like that. I did not know the others were pregnant, and my mood deflated.

I have read so many posts like this from many of you, and it is so hard! I don't even know these people well...and I don't wish infertility on them....but it is another reminder of what I have yet been able to achieve in my own life that I desire so greatly....pregnancy. And I feel like I'm getting passed up.

Seriously, between all of us infertiles we could probably have multiple blog posts a day describing how we hear about new pregnancy announcements. The situations might be different, but the emotions are the same. And we all feel them...over and over.

I told DH about it when he got him, and he gave me a big hug and said he could understand. I then told him I am really nervous about my friends Natalie or Carrie getting pregnant because then I would REALLY feel like I got passed up. He said, "You know, I think that would make me feel sad too."

However, we're back to our happy spring day. I transitioned out of other-peoples-pregnancies mode and started talking about our fast approaching RE appointment. I am hopeful, girls. God has a plan for me.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

That's awesome!!! Wasn't the office amusingly uncomfortable tonight btw? i love that show!!

Sorry about the bump...that had to be very difficult to read. i'd have been a mess.

Missy said...

That's great news about the appt moving up. It's like you're being rewarded for not bailing on your job responsibilities the other day.

Sara Scissors said...

I know I was one of those your speaking of that understands. It is such a hard situation to be in, but you have so much to look forward to. YAY for moving up your RE appointment. And I think that says a lot about the office to continue checking in with you to offer you an earlier time. Cause believe me, you'll have tons of times you want to get a hold of them in the future! :)

Betty Rubble said...

Amen, God does have a plan!

Glad your appointment was moved up! WOO HOO.

Flower said...

Glad your appt was moved up! Sorry about the bump in your day...but you are right...God has a plan just for you (hugs)

♥Tabitha said...

Yes! God DOES have a plan for you, a plan for amazing things! Isn't it amazing to think of it that way?!?

jones said...

Hurray for early appointments!! Hopefully your*announcement* will be coming soon

Mary said...

Hillary, that is wonderful! You are going to feel so much better once you see the RE and have a plan of action in place. I'm so happy that it got moved up. Especially after the 'tease' the other day:)

Thinking of you!

Erica said...

Yay! That's wonderful!!!!

And I'm glad you were able to transition away from the dark thoughts back to your place of peace. On a rather nasty note, though...sometimes I DO wish infertility on people. Just some. You know, the ones who totally take it for granted and then rub it in your face. Somewhere inside of myself, I know that it is wrong to feel that way...but I feel it all the same. (See how nasty I am on Lupron)

Anyway, I hope you have a beautiful weekend and I'm so psyched to hear about your plan of attack once you meet with the RE.

Brian and Kelli said...

Yes, God has big plans for you!! Can't wait to hear how the appointment goes!

ps. I haven't spent a lot of time in Habakkuk (it's one of those sometimes forgotten books) but I love the verse on your sidebar! xo

Kat470 said...

You and I both have our next RE appointments on the same day. I hope we both get some good news. Or some news period! :-D